corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.6 or 2litre

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 or 2litre
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
15th Oct 05 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aritchie what have we been talking about
Ant

15th Oct 05 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry ment 20xe's!!
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure on the 20XE? never read about its development
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob how did ur conversion cost cheaper than xe conversion add price of all ur bits up brand new and not off broster cheaply

cams are easy 4-500 quid and so is lexmaul new thats 450 theres grand without ur engine or new parts etc etc, u said 800 quid. plus zorst/manifold and mapped ecu which would cost 300 quid easily well ive just totalled well over 2.5 grand just with that lot

what im sick of on here is ppl slagging xe off as if its crap, is best engine produced by vauxhall sorry but better than x14/16xe's in my opinion, if small block engines are better how did i manage to wreck 2 of them in very short space of time and yeh they were looked after very well, what ppl get me wrong is like mark said he thinks im saying 1.6 is crap and 2lt is better im not i love 1.6 lump and like i said again we're lookin into tb's for my girlfriends 1.6 corsa as she is after power baby

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by corsa120]
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
rob how did ur conversion cost cheaper than xe conversion add price of all ur bits up brand new and not off broster cheaply

cams are easy 4-500 quid and so lexmaul new that 450 theres grand without ur engine or new parts etc etc, u said 800 quid plus zorst/manifold and ecu which would cost 300 quid easily well ive just totalled well over 2.5 grand just with that lot

what im sick of on here is ppl slagging xe off as if its crap, is best engine produced by vauxhall sorry but better than x14/16xe's in my opinion, if small block engines are better how did i manage to wreck 2 of them in very short space of time and yeh they were looked after very well, what ppl get me wrong is like mark said he thinks im saying 1.6 is crap and 2lt is better im not i love 1.6 lump and like i said again we're lookin into tb's for my girlfriends 1.6 corsa as she is after power baby

Full Stops are your friend, use them please. no one is slagging off the 20XE, its just PERSONAL OPINIONS like you said yourself. Some on here would prefer to have a more agile Corsa rather than a balls-out straight line speed thing.
Ant

15th Oct 05 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
Full Stops are your friend, use them please. no one is slagging off the 20XE, its just PERSONAL OPINIONS like you said yourself. Some on here would prefer to have a more agile Corsa rather than a balls-out straight line speed thing.

Ever owned a 20xe corsa then?? I have and with a few mods i find the twisty stuff no problem at all just had to fit slightly higher poundage springs. removal of front ARB im sure when we find out the real weight difference it wont be as much as people think.
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

Ever owned a 20xe corsa then?? I have and with a few mods i find the twisty stuff no problem at all just had to fit slightly higher poundage springs. removal of front ARB im sure when we find out the real weight difference it wont be as much as people think.

a Corsa fitted with a lighter engine, ie a 1.6, will always mean a better handling car over one fitted with a 20xe
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he never asked that he asked have u ever driven 20xe corsa??????? yeh ur right lighter engine better, but no1 has took into consideration theres more than just few kg.s in it, its tyres/suspension/wear&tear on play in parts of car/weather, road surface and last but not least THE DRIVER etc etc, if lighter the engine that mean everyone on this site even 1.0 12v block owners can woop me in my xe cos its lighter ha ha!

aritchie does removing arb help then
if so u talkin bout one which we've had to lower for zorst manifold
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
he never asked that he asked have u ever driven 20xe corsa??????? yeh ur right lighter engine better, but no1 has took into consideration theres more than just few kg.s in it, its tyres/suspension/wear&tear on play in parts of car/weather, road surface and last but not least THE DRIVER etc etc, if lighter the engine that mean everyone on this site even 1.0 12v block owners can woop me in my xe cos its lighter ha ha!

aritchie does removing arb help then
if so u talkin bout one which we've had to lower for zorst manifold

FFS mate wise up some people would prefer to have a 140-150bhp 16XE than a 150bhp 20XE, because its going to be more nimble through the twisties
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regarding cams being 400-500... you been looking in the wrong place, try www.newman-cams.co.uk dude!

carl, this is getting to be such a boreing debate, dont you agree..... we all know you, along with other, like the c20xe and i, alsong with others, like the 1.6.... no one is saying the 2ltr is pants....

also speak to people who race the cars or use them on track days, see what engine they prefer.... why did kieth piper try and madly tune his 1.4 to nearly 200bhp... im sure if he spent the same money on a c20xe it would be the top of the 2ltr class power wise...

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by broster]
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im am wised up and having fiendly banter ur the one writing FFS, u still ent answered question tho
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im am wised up and having fiendly banter ur the one writing FFS, u still ent answered question tho

which question?
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mark my point still remains he would have paid shit loads if werent 4u m8 sorry, some1 gonna say its cheap to tune 1.6 and get parts for fuck all how is that and honest answer

why mark do u write CARL aritchie is saying same thing

broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i know what your point is, but hes just saying if you look out for second hand bits your going to get them cheap! he didnt get the parts for sod all anyway, he had to pay proper price for them i needed the moolar for the new bits....
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hence i put "along with others" in the post dude! i didnt think of anyone elses name and yours was in the previous posts lol!
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

accepted but he said he tuned and got x16xe for 800 quid and bit that got me is HE SAID CHEAPER THAN XE CONVERSION sorry m8 if if u sold them cheap lexmaul would fech 2-300 quid and lets face it theres not alot about, second hand to get everything u wanted would take very long time where woulkd rob have gone if werent 4u mark

corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes me laugh is i still dont even rate xe u lot think i do
Cybermonkey

15th Oct 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7/10?
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure robin wont mind me saying he paid 400 for the lexmaul, ecu, and 244 cams.... i paid £80 for the cams from here.... he paid less than 400 for the engine i know that much, so yes it did cost less that 800.... i dunno that one dude, not my place to argue his point... i like the 1.6 you like the 2ltr im going to use the 1.6 for different things to your 2ltr, my cars more trac kday orientated etc, your is a bit of an alrounder with retrim, body kit, nice engine bay etc.... this is my point, no point going on which is better... in your case yes your engine is better, in my car I BELIEVE (see the I, that means me not anyone else, nor am i saying anyone else should agree) my engine is better than a 2ltr.
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lets face it theres not alot about, second hand to get everything u wanted would take very long time where woulkd rob have gone if werent 4u mark

been a few on ebay as of late, and german ebay has some on it.... thats where jr got his from.
broster
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what makes me laugh is i still dont even rate xe u lot think i do

you rate it more than the 1.6 tho..... yes/no?
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u still ent read anything ive put mark have u this is why internet is crap u need to talk face to face RITE LIKE U I DO NOT THINK THE 2LTR IS BETTER.

what im saying is ppl disregard it as crap with clouded judgement.

corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i think 1.6 is better HUH but u did'nt think that did ya mark ha ha ha ha, only reason i went 2ltr route not tune my 1.6 is 155bhp is on tap with further potential that is it only reason not cos i think its better or anything

write the true figure uve spent on ur engine mark and then ill write mine
Fad

15th Oct 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey this is getting a bit heated.

I got to say there is a lot of talk about thew c16xe in pre production made 150-160 bhp and made the bigger engines looks silly. I feel this is nothing but hearsay as no one has or provided documented evidence of this.

For a start if it did make this kind of power it would surely be a matter of just changing the inlet manifold and a couple of other tweask bobs your uncle done!

However to get anywhere near 150 bhp you will have to do:

TB's/inlet
cams
headwork
exhaust/decat
managment/mapping

so IMO its bollocks that this engine made 150-160 bhp in pre production cases as it takes a hell of a lot to get it anywhere near that kind of power.

Tuned small block XE's would be more agile to a track but i wouldnt say leagues above a 20XE. Also IMO the 20xe makes a better road car as its smooth delivers power at a nice comfortable rate (no need to rev the hell out of it) and lets all be honest who is actually going to tak their corsas on the track other than team broster/rob marriot?

all depends what floats your boat
corsa120

15th Oct 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks fad u talk so much sense its unreal

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.6 or 2litre 22 database queries in 0.1039059 seconds