corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear suspension knocking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear suspension knocking
corsa_godfather

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 05 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its from top mount area.pretty sure everything is fitted correct,rubbers i mean

spax rsx kit btw.

any ideas whats wrong?
X 60RSA

2nd Oct 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mmmm mine rattles either side at the back and its defo like urs, on the top mounts, i thought about taking the back trims off, to see if it was the speakers banging about in there but havent.

I've lived with it but wud like to know what it is. Arent there 2 bits of rubber, 1 inside the car and one the other side?
corsa_godfather

2nd Oct 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think it could be related to them!
Adam_B

2nd Oct 05 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure its not the ol' exhaust on the rear axel problem?
corsa_godfather

2nd Oct 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah its not that mate,can hear that also lol,i shall investigate.exhaust could be hitting body somewhere else or something
X 60RSA

3rd Oct 05 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've checked this as well, its deffo from my top mount areas, i wouldn't say mine has got worse but i can defineatly hear it, more so on the passenger side. You defineatly put the rubbers back on either side?

Maybe mine have worn out......

The other thing i have checked is the spring, incase it was bouncing about but mine are zip tied to the axle, and at the other end of them they are on damper things anyway i believe.....so that 1 is ruled out!

I'm thinking of stripping stuff out the back so i can have a mate sit in the boot and listen exactly where its coming from, sure its not the tailgate lock/hinges?

[Edited on 03-10-2005 by X 60RSA]
greebo2

4th Oct 05 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fix for exhaust banging on rear axle is to put vecta rubber hangers on or get the meaty ones from halfords worked for me
Mistamist

4th Oct 05 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be spring chatter, i find that spax tend to do this a lot.
AdiSRI

4th Oct 05 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it IS the top mounts.

I had the exact same thing with my apex kit, tho my FK's are fine. Bascally the replacement top mounts that come oon the spax/apex etc.. suspension has smaller bits of rubber than the GM mounts. This allows the metal bracket to touch on the car body and cause the noise.

Only way to cure it is to refit GM top mounts insteadof the ones on the new suspension, either your old top mounts if you still have them, or some new ones from vaux dealer.
X 60RSA

4th Oct 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the epex kit, think your right, i'll have to look into changing te rubbers. thanks!

New Poll