corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa sump's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa sump's
Woody@DC

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 05 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine called last night (he's a Uni down in Redding, I'm in Warrington) after a trip down a 'rough track' in his Corsa SXi 1.2 16v, 2000 model, he beleives its one of the last of the old style engines. Any how its lowered and a rock decided it wanted to see inside his sump

He isn't too mechanically minded, but I told him even he should be able to change the sump. However he went to the scrappies he has found down there, and couldn't find one of his car's. Soooo I was wondering which engines have the same sump on them?
He wasn't keen on chainging it him self, so is planning on coming all the way back up here to let me change it (student budget speaking ).

Also the AA went out to him when he did it, and have used a chemical metal compound to do a quick fix on the sump, its about a 2inch slice in the sump, is it likely to last driving from Redding to Warrington, or is he best paying my fuel bill driving down there?

Thanks in advanced!
casper_ac

2nd Aug 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt go for a 2nd hand sump as most will be rusted and hard worked with
and also at the end of the day 70 quid will buy u ur new sump ur new sump gasket 5 litres of GM oil a new filter some sealant and locking compound for ur nuts.
its an easy job...little time consuming if uve no lift and use axle stands but not too hard!

also the temporay fix mite tay but if a stone hits it or anythign then hes in bother again and will run outa oil spend a few hours chainging the sump and the oil!
Poot

2nd Aug 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could try wleding up the split with a Mig welder - just use low voltage so not to penetrate through the sump steel

New Poll