corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FASTEST CORSA ON CS?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FASTEST CORSA ON CS?
Stu

User status: Offline
4th Aug 05 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt be surprised if a standard 106GTI or saxo VTS beat an xe'd Corsa round a track I reckon it would even give a let a run aswell (as long as there werent many long straights that is!)
Jambo

4th Aug 05 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can u compare a Xe with TBs, againtst someone like timrud who basically has DOUBLE the power? Hardly matters if hes a little slower in the corners in theory hell be going twice as fast on the straights

PPL who spout all this crap about turbos need to get out there and fucking drive one FFS. XE/LET corsas DO handle. No one unless fucking insane would run with standard suspension/wheels. So its absoloutley nothing compoared to a std corsa.

Turbos are different to drive than N/A but that IMO is where it ends, as Tim says feathering throttle, making sure its on boost coming out of corners, means no lag?

Mine is no where near the fastest on here, would love some silly bhp but but cashflow and a desire for a cally with 4WD is why

Id love to see that kiv_tunings one in action
timrud_

4th Aug 05 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody that saw my car on Sunday night will say it handles

I don't think people that haven't been in a decent LET'd Corsa appreciate how brutal the acceleration is!

I'd love to try a proper engine like Kiv's etc.... out! That would be immense!
Stu

4th Aug 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got to be totally honest and speak from experience.............Corsas dont handle, putting a heavier engine up front makes them even worse! Stability and composure under braking is also dangerous in my opinion!

Changing the suspension set up cannot make up for a poor chassis, no matter what you put on!

Not having a dig, im just stating facts! In a straight line they are great and as everyone says they are top fun! The last thing anyone expects is a Corsa to outdrag a sports car, but they do! Its just when you get to a corner it goes the shape of the pear!

Think what is being said about lets handling worse than NA is nonsense tho, the only reason I prefer NA to forced on a light FWD is grip. Power delivery from say throttle bodies is linear and progressive so power can be dialled in, with a turbocharged car there is a massive punch of agressive power when the turbo kicks in which spins the wheels! Powering out of the corners isnt a problem tho with a tubby, just make sure your in the right cog!

J da Silva

4th Aug 05 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Anybody that saw my car on Sunday night will say it handles

I don't think people that haven't been in a decent LET'd Corsa appreciate how brutal the acceleration is!

The sheer fact is 80% of the replies in this thread are fictional. But that's because it's deemed 'cool' to be that.
J da Silva

4th Aug 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Ive got to be totally honest and speak from experience.............Corsas dont handle, putting a heavier engine up front makes them even worse! Stability and composure under braking is also dangerous in my opinion!

Changing the suspension set up cannot make up for a poor chassis, no matter what you put on!

Not having a dig, im just stating facts! In a straight line they are great and as everyone says they are top fun! The last thing anyone expects is a Corsa to outdrag a sports car, but they do! Its just when you get to a corner it goes the shape of the pear!

Think what is being said about lets handling worse than NA is nonsense tho, the only reason I prefer NA to forced on a light FWD is grip. Power delivery from say throttle bodies is linear and progressive so power can be dialled in, with a turbocharged car there is a massive punch of agressive power when the turbo kicks in which spins the wheels! Powering out of the corners isnt a problem tho with a tubby, just make sure your in the right cog!

In reply to your statement in bold, your right, doesn't really compensate, you either design your own to the best you can, providing you can heavy duty weld, or you put up with it, I agree with you there.
Siberia

4th Aug 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkie
am starting off with about 280 bhp roughly then going to 400+ hehehe

did you finish off your car? are youthe guy with the 2.2 stroke and titanium stuff?
Siberia

4th Aug 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno the birds tigra has the smae piss poor chasis... if i could get my corsa to handle anything like the that does then i'd be over the moon to be honnest...

i dont think id feel to safe in a LET corsa just a bit to OTT i think...
Stu

4th Aug 05 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Stu

In reply to your statement in bold, your right, doesn't really compensate, you either design your own to the best you can, providing you can heavy duty weld, or you put up with it, I agree with you there.

Thanks pal! You'll let me have that one will you?
starkie

6th Aug 05 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:
Originally posted by starkie
am starting off with about 280 bhp roughly then going to 400+ hehehe

did you finish off your car? are youthe guy with the 2.2 stroke and titanium stuff?

still building the car the now but bought a house and building a garage first to build it in so its slowing things down a wee bit just bought my coilovers and exhaust etc so got more parts to play with
danny-corsa

6th Aug 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

when my cousins turbo comes on boost the front just rises and you get pinned into your seat!

[Edited on 06-08-2005 by danny-corsa]
Akeemking

6th Aug 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Acceleration?

Its a CELTA, kinda of a corsa, but on Brazil... its running FWD 600hp on FWD 16z...

quote:
Klick here for the Moovie - Celta do Ivo

http://www.tuningbrasil.com/celta500.htm
richard_syko
Banned

6th Aug 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True corsa is a shooping trolley, with the most expensive suspension money can buy it will still be that.

All a LET does is make it a point a squirt, fine if you want to go in a straight line fast.
FozzyGSI

6th Aug 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.batmotorsport.co.uk/rally.htm

This thing is fast as fook 1600 on tb's well over 200bhp. Saw it racing an ex petter solberg scoob and a metro 6r4
stuartmitchell

6th Aug 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FozzyGSI
http://www.batmotorsport.co.uk/rally.htm

This thing is fast as fook 1600 on tb's well over 200bhp. Saw it racing an ex petter solberg scoob and a metro 6r4

Andy H's on here runs silly power too from a 1.6
Akeemking

6th Aug 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes... corsa got xit chassi
but also true rallye cars are not std chassi anymore and can handle and perform better

now, in my view...
the problem on a LET and also on a XE setup
is the overweight on the front... its far from the desirable weight destribution perfection

Take my example:

Front axl: L:346 R:380 = 726kg
Rear axl: L:183 R:208 = 391kg
Total: 1117kg

If 335kg difrence between the axls its not bad enough, the front weight is in front of the wheels axl becouse of the engine setup... and that fukz the handling and braking the most.

Its not best chassi... but with some mods can cope with some abuse.

Just my 2cents.

[Edited on 06-08-2005 by Akeemking]
LukeGSi

6th Aug 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
The sheer fact is 80% of my replies on this forum are fictional. But that's because it's deemed 'cool' to be that.

You said it pal...

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FASTEST CORSA ON CS? 23 database queries in 0.0112319 seconds