corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FASTEST CORSA ON CS?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FASTEST CORSA ON CS?
bradfincham

User status: Offline
24th Jul 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kiv tuning without a doubt in terms of power,
lucky b in terms of 1/4 mile times
Skinz

24th Jul 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% of all track race cars, touring cars etc including f1 cars are n/a..for a reason
timrud_

24th Jul 05 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the rules say so!

Touring cars were turbo'd.... then banned.

WRC Cars are turbo'd.... And the most proclaimed rally cars of ALL time (Group B) were turbo'd insanely

F1 cars used to be a 1.3 (or 1.4?) turbos, until banned...

Champcars have been turbo'd dunno if they have been outlawed...

So the only reason is the rules don't allow it, not because its better!
Skinz

24th Jul 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its still better to have a n/a car on a track, especially a fwd car like a corsa, whats the point in having a turbo car on a track where once you've gotten over fighting the lag, youve then gotta fight for the loss of traction when the turbo kicks in.
Nath

24th Jul 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One way to settle this..........
timrud_

24th Jul 05 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a random Joey jumped in my car and hoofed it round donnington full pelt, I'd not give him 5 mins before he is stuck in the gravel, as its a massive handful when you treat it like a 1.2, just keeping it straight and your doing well...

But when you can handle it, its not hard to drive fast. What it may lack in a corner it will more than make up in any straight, and the brakes are gonna be as good as they get on a Corsa....

Roll on a serious track day!
Skinz

24th Jul 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget though a decent 20XE with a decent throttle body and management setup will not lose all that much if at all on the straights
timrud_

24th Jul 05 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody get a day organised!!!

I've always wanted to throw my car round on a track
J da Silva

24th Jul 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
99% of all track race cars, touring cars etc including f1 cars are n/a..for a reason

This statement alone tells me you should have your keyboard taken away, ask Nelson Piquet what forced induction he was using when he won the F1 title in 1985, they were banend as Tim says because a lot of teams were fitting stronger turbine components for an unfair advantage, so they banned the whole lot.
Your wrong, it depends on the driver and his driving knowledge, your guess work is not upto scratch yet.
J da Silva

24th Jul 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its still better to have a n/a car on a track, especially a fwd car like a corsa, whats the point in having a turbo car on a track where once you've gotten over fighting the lag, youve then gotta fight for the loss of traction when the turbo kicks in.

'KICKS IN' ? Fuckin' jesus I've heard it all now.
timrud_

24th Jul 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Venom, my turbo kicked me so hard I had to claim for whiplash LOL

Touring cars were ace to watch and very entertaining when the RS500's were around....

Now I couldn't tell you a single driver and say what team he drives for.... thats how exciting it is!
Skinz

24th Jul 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:

yes you fool, why are you trying to pick at everything i say, the turbo spools up and releases pressure into engine, hence the term kicks in as you will feel a kick when it does this

was it you also that tried to mock me for saying an LSD will improve launching time on a tarmac surface, you tried to say that an LSD is only used on rubbly surfaces, you seem to think you know everything, and believe me if you know as much as you make out you wouldnt have a turbo powered corsa

and that powerboost valves dont increase fueling, i dont know where you get your information from

[Edited on 24-07-2005 by Skinz]
J da Silva

24th Jul 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:

yes you fool, why are you trying to pick at everything i say, the turbo spools up and releases pressure into engine, hence the term kicks in as you will feel a kick when it does this

was it you also that tried to mock me for saying an LSD will improve launching time on a tarmac surface, you tried to say that an LSD is only used on rubbly surfaces, you seem to think you know everything, and believe me if you know as much as you make out you wouldnt have a turbo powered corsa

[Edited on 24-07-2005 by Skinz]

No it's nothing personal, I like hard facts, and until you prove otherwise, I'll stick with what I've seen infront of me and experiences I've had, it's just a forum dude, and as for your comment above me not having a turbo corsa, why did I have an Astra GSi C20XE as my track car?
J da Silva

24th Jul 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did I say they increase fueling? Quotes please?
Ben
Banned

24th Jul 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no matter how fast

how quick

how much

how nice

how good at handling

how low

how big

It`ll always be a corsa .
J da Silva

24th Jul 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
no matter how fast

how quick

how much

how nice

how good at handling

how low

how big

It`ll always be a corsa .

You speak sense boy! No bollocks. Corsa's aren't made to have 200+bhp and shedloads of torque, but it's the thrill of tonking a BMW at your local dual carriageway and them being all upset about it, that's what attracts people to it I think. As I said before, the ideal track car would be a beast of a 1600cc Corsa/Nova tuned to the eyeballs, but it's the difficulty of getting it right which puts people off.
Ben
Banned

24th Jul 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint knocking anyone for doing it , ive done 1 up my self , but i think people need to realise they are an old , normal cheap car that were build for shopping ect not 500mph with 10000bhp .

i just cant justify spending 10k in a corsa when you can buy a newer car with alot more luxuries (sp)

i dont know how people at 20+ still want a corsa .

corb

24th Jul 05 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a corsa at 17/18 and not have any debt. Spend 2/3years throwing money at it and making it fast etc. Why would you then sell it and spend 10k on another car.

To buy that 10k car most people would borrow the money from somewhere. Thats gonna be interest bearing the majority of the time. So, you're gonna be paying interest on something thats gonna depreciate in value. Good move
Nath

24th Jul 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
Buy a corsa at 17/18 and not have any debt. Spend 2/3years throwing money at it and making it fast etc. Why would you then sell it and spend 10k on another car.

To buy that 10k car most people would borrow the money from somewhere. Thats gonna be interest bearing the majority of the time. So, you're gonna be paying interest on something thats gonna depreciate in value. Good move

vibrio
Banned

24th Jul 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

erm a properly set up turbo car will be on boost all the time. your not going to be pissing about at revs where your not going to have no boost.

Nath

24th Jul 05 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

erm a properly set up turbo car will be on boost all the time. your not going to be pissing about at revs where your not going to have no boost.

Would take some seriously wrong gear changes to be out of boost.
Adam_B

24th Jul 05 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahem, i vote for me

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=227969

Cybermonkey

25th Jul 05 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Corsa
What about the fastest corsa WITH A STANDARD CORSA ENGINE!

modified CORSA engine would have to be Andy H's 1.6. 214bhp
Akeemking

4th Aug 05 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is nice... as some ppl said.
starkie

4th Aug 05 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am starting off with about 280 bhp roughly then going to 400+ hehehe

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FASTEST CORSA ON CS? 22 database queries in 0.0601521 seconds