corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Number plate light smoothing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Number plate light smoothing
stevegreetham

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, ive got a smooth boot and a psg rear bumper ready to go on...however, i want the number plate light part to be smoothed over so i can relocate the number plate onto the bottom of the bumper and use snother type of light.
Any tips on how to go about this? i have done most of the work on my car myself so am fairly confident about getting it right.
Is it just a case of making a plate to go under the hole, fibreglassing over that, smoothing it down, then use filler and then smooth it down?

cheers for any help
ed

22nd Jul 05 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut the light recess out if it pokes out at all, stick some mesh under the hole to gove it some strength, go over it with fibreglass matting then skim it over with filler to smooth it all nicely.
stevegreetham

23rd Jul 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate, cheers for the advice. i'll get onto it

New Poll