corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Smooth boots

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smooth boots
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
   29th May 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone smooths their boot..... from what ive seen there is no lock????? How do you open it!
And is it secure
Fear

29th May 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to fit a solinoid lock which you can wire up to your alarm or a switch in your car or you can get away with a BMW door pin attached directly to the lock which you simply pull to release the boot, but that means you have to climb in the back to open it!!!!

And yes it is secure, if you have central locking it will do the same as usual and look it, but i dont know about with it not being on central locking!!!!!!
3CorsaMeal

29th May 03 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

solenoid, switch in car, or key fob, push button, boot pops up, probably more secure than normal, cos no external way of entry
corsa_boi

29th May 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can buy a kit off someone on here i think if their still sell them, just like on a button. if u press it, it pops the boot. well for safety i think it is a gud idea, but problems could happen with cracking but it depends which way u go about smoothing ur boot. i think corsa's look mint with a smoothed boot but then u hav a place ur number plate else where, n things hav to be moved n a light has to b put on ur number plate for nite n shit like that but its totally up to u if u want to smooth ur boot, but i wud defo its a good mod.......
scotty19

29th May 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it was mattyb who was selling them as far as i know he hasn't got any at the mo, getting some in july i believe, £20 they are.
NOT_finshed_yet!!

30th May 03 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a doy job on mine using a solenoid from a central locking kit operates the lever ok only thing is it doesnt keep it from catching the second safety lock unless u keep the button pushed in only cost me bout £10 so cant complain
moddedcorsa

1st Jun 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u get this problem with the kits too. u seemingly have to cut the satety catch with a dremel or sumthing similar
Gav S

1st Jun 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I helped my mate smooth his booth the other day, aint smoothed lock off yet though as we need to find out what to buy like a solenoid etc
Ben
Banned

2nd Jun 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh so how does it work , surly u aint gonna add a new contraption so that it opens it , how easy is it to wire up and how dus it wrk ?

New Poll