corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Looking at power caps on Ebay....This one

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking at power caps on Ebay....This one
toxic

User status: Offline
24th Jun 05 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the battry is a Calcium HCB Range: i think im looking on there site i got the receipt and it was £59.99
MR2Mike

24th Jun 05 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have a look sumtime, bit unsure tho
RKS

24th Jun 05 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh power caps are a strange one,

If you dont have a decent enough battery and have a power cap, Your Bass will sound better with a cap, but it will give your battery and altenator a right blasting and reduce the life of them, its swings and roundabouts really,

and even if you have a good battery a cap is still good, as it discharges much quicker than a battery does
infinitycorsa

24th Jun 05 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree thats caps are a waste of money...and yes i bought 1 b4 i some one showed me the light....

how ever im running amped up infinitys in the front and rear....but also i have an amped set of inffinitys 6 b 9s in the false floor.....the reason for this is because it was a cheap option for more mid and top end at the rear of the car...... my 2 15" kickers drown out everything when the boots open..,..... how ever ive i was to do another install i wouldnt bother with them ..... id have a better set of front comps i.e focal .....

quote:
Originally posted by toxic
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
6x9s suck ? lmao , im sorry but i dnt agree with anything youve sed, power caps save your battery and 6x9s are better than wank little rear speakers that blow up after a week of loud playing :

6X9S Are for MAXPOWER chav's and as for little rear speakers you can get realy good one's. BUT you dont realy need back speakers unless you have friends in the back as thay pull the sound. The best set up you can get realy is comp's up front amp them up say around 50 to 100rms each side and a sub in the boot.

And power cap's are a wast of ££££.

But you can all way's ask @ CLICK HERE
infinitycorsa

24th Jun 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"6X9S Are for MAXPOWER chav's and as for little rear speakers"

youve rounded up most new drivers here and everyones gotta start somewhere
RKS

27th Jun 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO 6x9's are cheap quite loud speakers, if you arent a car audio fanatic and just want something quite loud in your car then they are great, not everyone can afford some front comps and then an amp to run them
toxic

27th Jun 05 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Rikki--
IMO 6x9's are cheap quite loud speakers, if you arent a car audio fanatic and just want something quite loud in your car then they are great, not everyone can afford some front comps and then an amp to run them

RIKKI from the sounds of that m8 i take it you have 6x9s
Dom

27th Jun 05 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, if your lights are dimming (or your electrical system cant handle your system) then you should really replace your battery (or go split charge), the "big three" and alternator. only once you have sorted out your system without the need of a powercap, you can add one if you wish to smooth everything over.

using a cap in your system without doing the other stuff is a bit pointless as all it'll do is put a big strain on your electrical system and at some point it will either fry itself or just die.

just remember - horses for courses
AdiSRI

28th Jun 05 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power caps are still no good even then they just add even more drain to the system (as once its dischared its gotta be recharged from somewhere).

As said before if your car dims you need bigger battery, then change big 3, then new alternator and then finally the only option is a 'batcap' if all the rest fail.

However if the alt you get is large enough to cover the draw of the amps and a bit extra to run the car you wont ever have any trouble.
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

28th Jun 05 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ICE kept cutting out when i turned it up too loud, but now i have got a yellow top in its been fine, i can have all the screens on, pc and turn the ice up loud and the headlights dont dim and it doesnt cut out.
James@CCC

28th Jun 05 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
As said before if your car dims you need bigger battery, then change big 3, then new alternator and then finally the only option is a 'batcap' if all the rest fail.

wots this?
Jake

28th Jun 05 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It discharges power as quick as a powercap and will also recharge faster than your battery so it can provide more juice for a system.
RKS

28th Jun 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jakethesnake
It discharges power as quick as a powercap and will also recharge faster than your battery so it can provide more juice for a system.

How can it recharge faster than the battery can give power out?
AdiSRI

28th Jun 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, it does discharge/recharge at very quick rates, but it also has a good capacity, it can run a 150A system for like 20 secs on its own, a power cap can do it for like 0.01 secs lol.

So basically it gives the system a buffer, but it has its own power reserves so doesnt draw from the battery like a cap does
RKS

28th Jun 05 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by toxic
quote:
Originally posted by --Rikki--

RIKKI from the sounds of that m8 i take it you have 6x9s

No dont have 6x9s, I have comps up front and 2 subs in the back, rear seats removed and a full install,

however a pair of 6x9s in the shelf running from the HU is a cheap way of getting some sound in your car
vincefenlon

28th Jun 05 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would just upgrade the big 3 before buying anything else

also dont get 6x9s get components and sub, plus i think they look untidy in the boot with wires everywhere etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll