corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steeling Pulls when i brake...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steeling Pulls when i brake...
SetoN!

User status: Offline
5th Jun 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just added a set of 15" alloys to my corsa B, and ive noticed when i brake i get a slight pull just to the left or the right on the wheel as i come to a complete stop.

If this a normal thing? I know my friend mensioned somthing along the sames line when he added his wheels.

Ifs its a silly quesation i apologise
Jake

5th Jun 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tracking me thinks. Get that checked, if the tracking if fine get them to balance your wheels
Jake

5th Jun 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or check around the front brakes to see if there are any leaks, etc.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jun 05 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tracking, tyre pressure, could also be that you're just experiencing the side effect of wider tyres known as 'tram-lining'.
Joff

5th Jun 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's randomly affecting both sides, then I wouldn't think the brakes are at fault.

Find some quiet flat road and do some emergency stops.
SetoN!

5th Jun 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, i cant see it being faulty brakes as the problem has only started to occur since my new wheels 2 days ago.

I think Ian mensioned tire presure, now I dont actually know what tire presure my new wheels are ment to be at, They came inflated and i presumed at the correct level, now i have been thinking latley that maybe they are too hard as every ditch and bump in the road feels very rough on the wheels...

does any1 know what the average tire presure is for : 195-45-15.

cheers guys, really appreciate it
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jun 05 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how you want it to drive. If its twitchy now try letting a bit out. Low profiles should generally be run a bit harder than standard to prevent rim damage but you can go down to standard pressures if it doesn't drive well.

You will also get used to it if its tramlining. Its strange at first but you will begin to predict and fix it. Its only because you have less sidewall and more width.
CorsAsh

5th Jun 05 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your bearings are worn, heavy braking can make your car pull to one side... have you heard any rumbling/grinding noises?
Matt W

6th Jun 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does the same......

how much would it cost to get the tracking done?

if the tracking isnt fixed what are the consequences?
thanks
Black Stallion SRi

6th Jun 05 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does it too only just got 15" alloys, shit myself when i first experianced tramlining, thought i had a flat lol. Got used to it now though.

My tyres seem to get stuck in the potholes in the road and follow them, so i avoid them as much as i can now

New Poll