corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which is faster

Poll: Which is faster
  Standard 2.0 Corsa
  C16XE Corsa on trottle boddies

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which is faster
Siberia

User status: Offline
31st Mar 05 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Up the 1/4 mile the 16XE engines are wank.

you have driven lees one yeah? did you still think the same about that one?

everyone goes on about 1.6's being slow.... i dunno matbe it me or my car.... but my ones isnt slow... not at all
Cybermonkey

31st Mar 05 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vauxgirl
there is no substitute for ccs

yes there is, they are called Throttle Bodies
Siberia

31st Mar 05 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so 2.0 it is....... jesus ANOTHER engine conversion i have to do......
Stu

31st Mar 05 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I would like to add to stu's comments.

The corsa i drive has bilstein suspension, not vauxhall. i have driven maybe not as many nice cars as your self but i can vouch for the fact that no matter what else i drive (bmw 328, mercedes c240 my everyday car, clio old and new, etc) I know it wont handle as well as your P1

I think it handles pretty bloody well! Its not the best in the world, its FWD. I really never have a problem with understeer. Plus IMO its just plain good fun
Agreed all wieght upfront will make for poorer handling but not everybody has stripped the back of their car

I have not been out done by anything other than a scooby
Not that i can claim a number of races since the LET cos its always broken But u get the picture

[Edited on 30-03-2005 by Jambo]

Yeah, totally agree with what your saying. My Corsa was a great fun car and I think a LET is another stage up from an NA XE anyway. The low down torque is gonna be a massive bonus to pull you out of the bends! Exhaust and air filter is gonna put you on par with the most powerful 1.6 Corsas and your always going to have miles more torque as well!

Like I say, all my mates were getting Evos, Pulsars and Scoobys and it was doing my head in that in gear I could stay with them but the minute we got to any bends I was left way behind! Its composure under braking scared me silly as well!

To be totally honest, my Corsa started life as a 1.5TD and even tho I upgraded everything it may not have been the best base to start with and as you say stripping it out completely and caging it may not have helped the handling either!

I think the best handling car I had was the 200sx, but the car with the most grip goes to the Impreza!
Siberia

31st Mar 05 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ironic thing is i can get insurance near 800 cheaper on a 200sx than i can on the corsa

i dunno am i stupid?
broster
Premium Member

31st Mar 05 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant conpare the handeling of a corsa to a 200sx, scooby or pulsar tho. so saying a corsa handels shit compared to those is like saying rola cola tastes poo compared to coca cola, its obvious!
Ojc

31st Mar 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Siberia I drove Lee's GSi it got the power down better than my Nova, not sure why and it done a 16.5 and Lee's fastest time is a 16.4.

Broster's fastest time is around 16.7, mine is 16.4.

The only good 16XE engine I have seen is Lee Mannings, that car for some reason seemed to work so well, and its been so realiable.

At the Corsa Vs Saxo day I'm sure it done a 15.5 1/4 mile and it only has 150bhp, Broster has 138bhp yet he can't get anywhere near these times.

I had a race with a 2.0 16v Nova GTE about 2 weeks ago, going around a long winding slip road onto the A329 around the bend it seemed he could'nt get tight to the corner and I could stick with him as he could'nt apply the power, around the bend onto the straight in 3rd he disapeared into the distance.

At this point I decided that I shall not be taking the tuning of the X16XE in my Nova beyond a Mantzel box, its just not worth it.

Watch this space
broster
Premium Member

31st Mar 05 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my times are shit tho OJC, like totally and utterly shit, i cant do 1/4 mile, PaulW on here ran a 16.1 (i think) in a standard x16xe gsi. and a stripped c16xe with no air filter ran a 15.9 on the same day..... the engines aint shit just some drivers
Ojc

31st Mar 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PaulW has'nt run a 16.1, he ran a 16.4 I believe.
Jambo

31st Mar 05 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

composure under breaking was horrid in my car ,but seems to have soreted it self out, i hear rear discs tidy this up a treat so thats on the list!
Ojc

31st Mar 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit bigger drums, or you could fit those fake discs and pretend it helped.
Siberia

31st Mar 05 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^
Ajones_17

10th Jun 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like you have bumped it to me
alistairolsen

11th Jun 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

torque at the flywheel is irrelevant, its the shape of the power and turque curves for the driveshafts you are interested in, and if the 16xe is doing far more revs (closer box) then that argument is null and void (what kills the 16xe is the fact that it has a short powerband, so all those people mentioning peak torque figure can STFU.

Power to weight will be broadly similar, an xe and f20 is 35kg heavier than a 1.2 and f10, so its not going to make a difference that demands you to have a trilllion more horsepower.

Up the strip, the xe will take it due to more weight nd grip over the front, a wider SPREAD of torque, and more power, sooner in first, lowering the 60ft time (this is by far the most important factor on the quarter)

On a track where you can keep both engines in their powerband, they should be very similar given the same power, but the 16xe arguably will handle a little better.

On the road, Id rather the 2l as an avaryday car as its more civilised, and more relaxing to drive when you dont want to blat around, but if it was a 2nd car for dry days Id have the 16xe.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which is faster 23 database queries in 0.0111120 seconds