corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alarm has caused serious wiring probs!! Anyone heard this one before??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarm has caused serious wiring probs!! Anyone heard this one before??
The squire

User status: Offline
15th Mar 05 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI

I got a clifford alarm installed in my car the last day and it has caused me hell!! The guys who installed it is very reputable and the alarm actually is installed properly!

But the guy who had the car before me got it as a crashed repairable and messed up the wiring!

Now when i turn on my lights my passanger side indicaters come on and stay on aswell (dont flash) and my fog light shows on the dash AND my car loses power and then cuts out!!

Also when i indicate left all my indicators come on (both sides)!! and my rear wiper wont start either!!

I know it seems like the alarms fault but it is actually down to bad wiring in the car!!

Does anybody know what might be wrong as im gonna have a go at re-wiring it???

Thanks
PaulW

15th Mar 05 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has all this come up since problems when fitting the alarm??

If everything was fine before the alarm was fitted, then get intouch with the alarm fiter & say so, as tbh if I had just paid for a new alarm & the car was fine before, I'd want a proper job done of it!
The squire

15th Mar 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Your probably right but i got the alarm fitted at the other end of the country so i wont be able to go back down until saturday so i wanna have a go at it myself.....

I found out that my front indicator and rear fog bulbs were blown so i replaced them and it did help a bit. The hazards now work and the car will stay running if its just sitting idle, but if i try and drive it it soon loses power.

Ive figured that the fogs and fuel pump are connected in some way and thats wrecking things!! Can anybody give me advise?????

New Poll