corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » strange question for a friend...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strange question for a friend...
LukeGSi

User status: Offline
17th Apr 04 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine lives in quite a nasty area and has car is constantly getting broken into, he wants to know if there is anything he can do to make his alarm siren louder, he already has decent cat 1 so doesnt want to change entire alarm, i suggested wiring air horns to alarm.... is this possible?
cargraphics4u.com

17th Apr 04 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get some proximity sensors? as soon as anyone get within a metre of the car it will beep really loud, this is usually enough to scare most people off.
LukeGSi

17th Apr 04 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by graficxpress
Why not get some proximity sensors? as soon as anyone get within a metre of the car it will beep really loud, this is usually enough to scare most people off.

He already has the "warn away" option but that doesnt have any affect on the little pikey b@stards..he wants super loud siren as he lives in flats and doesnt hear his
corb

17th Apr 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wasconsidering this for myself tbh luke. I think it is possible,but havent really put my head into it yet to figure out how. Ask Richie, he'll know.

The only problem i can see is the battery wouldgo flat quickerif the alarm was going off for a long time.
LukeGSi

17th Apr 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
The only problem i can see is the battery wouldgo flat quickerif the alarm was going off for a long time.

Great minds think a like, yesh flat battery was my concern but at least you can just charge it again and hopefully it would put them off
Richie

17th Apr 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a CAT1 alarm then its possible, or if your alarm has an output for when the siren is triggered.

All you gotta do is wire a set of air horns or an air raid siren ( ) to a relay, and tap into that trigger wire which activates the siren, and take that to the relay.

Nee nor nee nor

[Edited on 18-04-2004 by Richie]
LukeGSi

18th Apr 04 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate
corb

18th Apr 04 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

told you he'd know
Richie

21st Apr 04 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos iam gurd
oztek astra

21st Apr 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i asked about this subject when i had my alarm fitted, the bloke who did my alarm said he can get hold of sirens that r so loud you cant stand near the car, but he said theyre not strictly legal.

New Poll