corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE wont start (poss earthing prob)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE wont start (poss earthing prob)
Fad

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 05 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right as the story goes i am a bit miffed why my corsa was smelling very badly of petrol and puffing out white smoke. Also i noticed at the time the handbrake light was not going out when dropped jst dimming. so far we have replaced

*loom
*ECU
*ICV
*Air flow meter
*Throttle body and throttle position sensor
*hall sensor
and loads more than i cant list

headgasket has been rulled out this time. Today I picked my car up and it ran fine. soon as i parked up the car wouldnt even start. it wouldnt even turn over this time. Once thing i noticed as i did before was that the handbrake light wasnt going out when dropped just dimming.

Now i am thinking it could possibly be an earthing/wirring problem. Does anyone know where the earthing points on the shell are?
Siberia

2nd Feb 05 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the car run fine when you parked? then when you came out to start it it wont turn over?

try pushing it... i had a simular problem turned out the connector that connects to body loom to the engine had come appart.... its over near the dizzy on a c16 i'd imagine its in the same place on a c20 if it has one that is.....
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad, what was your very first ever problem with the XE?
Just thinking that once you've sorted out all the current problems, you'll be back at the start and have to go through it all again

New Poll