corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » grr, wiring looms! anyone have a clue?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author grr, wiring looms! anyone have a clue?
1.6 Sport BadBoy

User status: Offline
   4th Jan 05 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi peeps,

ritey ho, better start with how this all happened!

ok, few days ago i took out my headunit to put in my ariel that i'd previously left out months ago. in my infinent wisdom, i turned the ignition on and the car filled up full of smoke from the ignition barrel

obviously my 1st thoughts were: oooh, its never done that b4! lol then the serious-ness sunk in BUGGER!

ok, after spending a very long time dismantling my dash board to reveal the wiring loom at the barrel, one of the wires was truely kluked, fused to the others. So; Auto Electrician Please! he came round, striped the wiring back to reveal a rite mess, that one wire had caused alot of damage i.e: new wiring, new ignition barrel and possibly a new alarm system

after an hour or so, we'd established that it was the ignition live that had burned though the loom and destroyed my barrel. using equipment like voltmetres, we found that we could do away with this usless thing and hopefully the car should start if we hotwired it. lol so we did.

now this is where i need you guys; the car turns over fine, all relays and fuses are working but my beast only starts on occasions-and even the she would only start for a few seconds. does this suggest to u peeps wot it does to me, the bloody immobaliser?

all i would like to know if any of you peeps out there have any idea whether or not the ignition live (not permanent) comes into play to keep the car running? i.e what is it connected too? just the headunit? it may affect the immobaliser in some way but b4 i start butchering that to bits, is there anything else i need to know b4 i begin?

ohh and yeah, the wiring at the head unit has burnt through too.

thanks guys, hope you can help because i hate not having my car to run arround in
MoNkEy MaGiC

4th Jan 05 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

badluck mate, just had a quick read and...

if it is a aftermarket imobiliser then it may have somthing to do with it cutting out... but if not then im not sure as if you have hot wired it at the barrel then it should be fine with the standard immobilser unless some wire needed for it is burnt out

oh and is your headunit wired up properly????? it should of blown a fuse in the fuse box or the inline fuse on the powersupply to the headunit not the whole bloody key barrel
ikky

4th Jan 05 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you hotwire it when you start it? if so, put the key in the barrel anyway, transponder key?
Richie

4th Jan 05 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was an immobilizer problem, your engine management light would flash.
The ignition live you have cut (if your corsa is an N/P reg or later) does have an effect on your immobilizer and ECU. The only one that controls the headunit is the thinnest wire. Ive got my ignition pulled to pieces at the moment so i know the ins and outs cos i have to hotwire it every day
1.6 Sport BadBoy

4th Jan 05 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MoNkEy MaGiC

head unit was out at the time, but ive noticed its been acting dodgy for a while i.e turning off randomly, skipping on bumps in road and display not lighting up. at the time this happened though, i had the headunit completley out with just the vaux iso left in place

Richie
will you be online 2moro? cant do anything with the car now to check, too dark outside plus the car has been left at my sisters house. if its any help, my cars on a V 99 plate. yes engine management light flashed whilst trying to turn the car over. i have got vauxhall immobilizer but also a sterling alarm system seporate. looks to me if you've already got your wiring pulled out that you may be a great help so thanks

ikky
yip, tried turning the car over every time with the key in da barrel

i hate my car lol
Richie

5th Jan 05 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you engine management light is flashing, then the thick black wire that controls the ECU and immobilizer is connected. You now have the same problem as Mike16v off here, and we've been trying to sort it out for a while to no avail. There isnt a fuse for the immobilizer, i can only think of a relay that controls the unit.

Have you checked the 5/6 wires that come from the transponder around the key side of your ignition barrel? They are in the same loom as the wire that you said fried, so if there is damage to any of these wires, its probably the problem
1.6 Sport BadBoy

5th Jan 05 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help peeps. as for mike16v, dont meen to sound cheaky but has he connected the vauxhall imobilizer wiring bak up after taking the barrel appart? that was the reason why mine wud turn over and cut back out.

thanks for the help though, you guys are great
1.6 Sport BadBoy

5th Jan 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrggh:-

im getting so frustrated with this now! re-wired new iso block, ignition live and ground, all worked fine: headunit, speakers and car running fine. turned the git off to put dash back in.

did the most time consuming bit first....the heater module. wanted to make sure i had all the cables connected correctly so went to turn the car on.

to my horror, the same bloody things happening again arrgh; was getting all excited too at the prospect of having my car back again. Gutted with a capital G.

what do peeps think now? you guys recon this points towards the alarm system being faulty?

New Poll