corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick question
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
17th May 04 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are all dials with rev counters electronic?
and if so can a cable driven speedo be changed to be electronic?

cheers
ed

17th May 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the rev counter is electronic, it is a light green wire from the ECU, if you got an older Corsa it will be sitting behind your dials doing nowt... To change from a mechanical speedo to an electronic you need thave the dials obviously, and you need to replace the mechanical speedo cable with an electronic cable and run the wires directly to the dash. I'm not sure if the plugs to attatch the looms are different, but in most cases with Vauxhall looms it will be a case of colour matching the wires to coresponding wire on the other loom, so the conversion shouldnt be too complicated...
a_j_mair

17th May 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got clocks a while ago but as you can guess there electronic and mine aint so all i need to do is get the cable that the plug goes in to? is the plug at the back of the speedo just a length of wire that plugs into the gearbox or does it go other places and will it require cutting and soldering wire im now confused
ed

17th May 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the plug in the back of the speedo is the same then you should just be able to plug it in and everything will work, bar the speedo and rev counter... I doubt this is the case though... What I did to fit my Astra dash was get the looms from the donor car, in this case the Astra GTE, as well as the speedo. Cut the Corsa loom off and attatch the plugs from the Astra loom to the remaining wires still in the Corsa. I used connector bolcos to do this, in case it needs to be removed, as well as being a lot easier...
For the speedo, I got an electronic transducer, which is direct replacement for the mechanical jobbie and run the wires thorugh the bulkhead to the dash, and connected it up using yet more connector blocks.
I'd imagine the same process is needed to do the conversion your planning on doing, as they are both electronic dashes.
a_j_mair

17th May 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers a trip to the scrappy is in order me thinks
ed

17th May 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool cool, so you understand, dunno how well I explained it... The wiring diagrams for the Corsa looms (and Astra looms, but you don't need them) are here...

http://www.windmill-farm.co.uk/digidash
a_j_mair

17th May 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question 22 database queries in 0.0104690 seconds