corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » shortshift?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author shortshift?
Joff

User status: Offline
30th Dec 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
mine doesnt like going into first when coming to a stop at a junction, you have to be dead still, and ram it in

The gearbox is designed to not let you put it into first until you come to a standstill

Someone buy Robin's Corsa... I dare you.
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Nope, linkage was already out, cost about £20 to have the bushes made up and meant the linkage didn't have to be cut and welded. How much is an M-Tech kit?

The MTech 2.0 16v shortshift with extended linkage arm (both are actually 1-piece and not cut and shut) is £70, you'll need the gearbox spacer too.

For the 1.4/1.6/whatever it's about £60.
Dave

30th Dec 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the M-Tech kit is one piece, just meant that by doing it the way I did I didn't have to hack up my existing linkage.

The kit is prob the quickest way to do it but I didn't know about it when mine was done. The poly bushes and no gearbox spacer seems to have done the trick though, get clean crisp gear changes everytime and its been perfectly reliable so far (watch it disintegrate tomorrow).
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know the M-Tech kit is one piece, just meant that by doing it the way I did I didn't have to hack up my existing linkage.

The kit is prob the quickest way to do it but I didn't know about it when mine was done. The poly bushes and no gearbox spacer seems to have done the trick though, get clean crisp gear changes everytime and its been perfectly reliable so far (watch it disintegrate tomorrow).

Are the poly bushes something off the shelf or a bespoke moulding?
I know on the Golf the bushes had gone and a set on ebay sorted the gearlever a treat.
Dave

30th Dec 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine were made up, only thing is I can't remember who made them, somebody else sorted that side out for me and I never dealt with them directly.

With the kind of difference they have made though it may be viable to produce a batch of them, pretty easy to do, they were just a kind of top hat shape with a hole bored in the middle.
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mine were made up, only thing is I can't remember who made them, somebody else sorted that side out for me and I never dealt with them directly.

With the kind of difference they have made though it may be viable to produce a batch of them, pretty easy to do, they were just a kind of top hat shape with a hole bored in the middle.

Get it done then
broster
Premium Member

31st Dec 04 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:
Originally posted by broster
get an m-tech one, then you can be like me and not be able to select gears when you need to!

would you not recomend one so?

was fine for a month or so, then it went gay!
joff how many bent valves do you have?! thats right now STFU!
Joff

31st Dec 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots. I collect them.
Siberia

31st Dec 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ewww bent valvess what happened there
Joff

31st Dec 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

valves. they bent. no biggie, plans are afoot. actually, plans are pistons and a blower or four proud little trumpets, but you get the picture.
broster
Premium Member

31st Dec 04 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joffs a spag bent his valves then tried to bump start his car, now whos a clever boy!......me now id have towed it in gear for fuin not knowing what damage i was doing!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll