corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Break Pads Worn off!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Break Pads Worn off!!
Dragon_R34

User status: Offline
   5th Dec 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yo! i got a 1.4 16v sport, and has been fine up untill now. When ever i break it takes forever to slow down.. i also hear a lot of grinding coming from the breaks.

i guess the pads have gone. But wat i really want to know is -

1) Which Pads would be the best?!?! for breaking hard and late.

2) Another thing since my car never came with ABS ( discs + calipers + pads ) would be the best for it? Not so big that when i slam the break they dont lock up but are best suited for a non ABS car??

Thanks guys! any help would be great

[Edited on 05-12-2004 by Dragon_R34]

Joff

5th Dec 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) Braking hard and late is irresponsible and no pads for the Corsa's brake discs will be up to the job. You'll need to increase the surface area of the braking surfaces to get more powerful brakes.

2) What?

From the sounds of it, you just want to drive like a cock. Any brakes you fit will end up in you warping them anyway. Please get the fuck away from me on the roads. Thankyouplease.
Dragon_R34

5th Dec 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just cos you break late dont mean u drive like a "cock" if you were driving fast and you needed to break hard and fast you would expect to stop in a short amount of time from a good set of breaks. That was the question.

That dont mean i go around doing that all the time. and from the sounds of it how the hell do you know how i drive anyway.

but you answered my question thanx

2) Rephrasing the question - whats best brake set up for a non - ABS 1.4 16v sport

thanks again

Joff

5th Dec 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

355mm discs with 6-pot calipers will be best.
broster
Premium Member

5th Dec 04 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joffs a tosser ignore him, get some astra gte brakes on the front, or if you can fit them under your wheels (need 15" or bigger) get v6 brakes. they will do the job
Joff

5th Dec 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
joffs a tosser ignore him, get some astra gte brakes on the front, or if you can fit them under your wheels (need 15" or bigger) get v6 brakes. they will do the job

next time I sleep on your sofa I'll leave a present down the back of the cushions
broster
Premium Member

5th Dec 04 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill leave on in your ear!

New Poll