corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » handbrake light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author handbrake light
Shane

User status: Offline
10th Jul 04 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ive just been to pic my sister up from the train station and this little problem has started to occur:-

every time i go round a right hand corner the handbrake light come on only for 3 seconds but i dont know wat it is, and also the breaks are starting to sound very dodgy, like metal grinding against metal,

i know some 1 is gonna say check ur breaks or u need new pads or somin but its half 1 in the morn and i cant really see anything
deanmcreynolds26

10th Jul 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either low pads or u have a leak! check fluid in the morning and check the pads,
liamC

10th Jul 04 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats been happening with my handbrake light too!! EXACTLY the same!

Took it to Vaux, said they couldnt find anything, said brake pads were fine, fluid level was fine etc.

Went home and it started happening again...took it back, and it was a fault with the wiring behind the dash...dont know the exact problem though. Something for you to have a look at at least!

Hope this helps.
Mistamist

10th Jul 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

metal on metal is worn pads, and if you havent topped up your break fluid then that is what is causing the brake warning light to come on. take off the front wheels and you will probably find the pad is about a thick as a rizla.

New Poll