corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fake boot floor installs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fake boot floor installs
Coblet

User status: Offline
8th Nov 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I'm going for one eventually (when funds allow), so I need to know a couple of things such as what thickness of MDF is best. Im really interested to hear any advice or tips that people who have gone this route have... im planning on keeping the back seats as well.
neiliosxi

8th Nov 04 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3/4" mdf mate, make a template from card or something to make it easier.

[Edited on 08-11-2004 by neiliosxi]
Coblet

8th Nov 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers - is the any kind of low-height sub box I can use, or should I just us the spare wheel-well and some MDF to plug the gap between the 'floor' and the well?
Dom

8th Nov 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAQ in ICE section mate
but basically 18mm for sub boxes, 12mm (and less) for false floor

as for spare wheel well - well your gonna ahve to the bring the floor up abit anyways, but adam-d did one and from what he was saying wasnt impressed with the box he made to fit the spare wheel well

tbh, i would stick to making a false floor, amps underneath and building boxes onto for subs etc
Coblet

9th Nov 04 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers VisibleMan, but I heard someone say on here that it's possible to use a flat box for underneath the floor. I was gonna dynamat the metal in the boot and have the low-height box go over the top of the wheel-well, considering how you said that a box within the well can be a bit cack .

I only want a 10" in there really, but I could stretch to a 12.

New Poll