corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Questions for build, help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Questions for build, help!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Jun 04 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hia,

okay wires in place so next is to build the actually install.

The build will consist of two 10" subs which have an sealed box each (got this already) and one amp.

I'm abit lost with ideas, so far I'm thinking just having a false floor with the amp hidden, or maybe on show but behind some perspex?

I want the install to hide as many cables as possible so it looks neat but it is very important that it can be taken apart like a jigsaw so its easy to remove if its purely to make space in my boot or to get to the spare!

with the sub boxes they will either screw into the floor or slot into squares in the top floor and then screwed down to the floor again.

Does anyone have any good links to building the install, what materials to use, what thinkness at whatever stages?

Even better any pictures of installs using the same equipment? Keeping in mind I got a small amount of space to deal with.

comments/links/ideas welcomed
willay
Premium Member

1st Jul 04 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?

How about the first floor of the boot, I remember all the cut it out of cardboard firs to get a template then do it on the MDF, but what thickness mdf should I use for the bottom floor and I take it thatit completely replaces the boot carpet?
drunkenfool

1st Jul 04 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6mm or something similar will be fine for the floor cos its just for stuff to get mounted on. You will probably need thicker to build the boxes, depending on the power of the subs. If you put the amp under perspex, make sure there is some air flow (possibly from fans) so it doesnt overheat.
willay
Premium Member

1st Jul 04 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah like I said the subs are already boxed which came with them!
willay
Premium Member

1st Jul 04 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
willay
Premium Member

2nd Jul 04 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

New Poll