corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9s into a Lupo ?!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6x9s into a Lupo ?!
Coblet

User status: Offline
20th Sep 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I don't reckon they will go, but we've already got the wiring in place (it's a 1.0L). The standard parcel shelf is obviously shaped incorrectly... but do any of you guys reckon a flat parcel shelf will take them?

I can't find any pictures of installs in Lupos, modded ones (ICE) seem to be fairly rare - but has anyone seen how other Lupos have worked round the problem?
Dom

20th Sep 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally id leave the 6x9s and opt for a sub - limited space i know, but you could build a box (make it wide and tall, rather than deep) to get a 10" in there Would be alot easier than peeing about with 6x9s, plus with a decent of comps up front, you will have alot better system
Coblet

20th Sep 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No can do... my mate is picky as hell about it. I suggested the fake boot floor install method (I reckon it would work a treat in a lupo and look wicked), but he wants the 6x9s mounted underneath the parcel shelf on seperate MDF :\
Dom

20th Sep 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Coblet
No can do... my mate is picky as hell about it. I suggested the fake boot floor install method (I reckon it would work a treat in a lupo and look wicked), but he wants the 6x9s mounted underneath the parcel shelf on seperate MDF :\

tell him to GTF and point him the direction of some QUALITY installs

a sub would he easiest way and would sound alot better that shitty 6x9s Everyone knows that (hence why you see limited SQ installs with 6x9s, unless there boxed).....but if it doesnt want to do that, then let him work it out, and when he gets fooked off just laugh and say "i told you so"

end of the day, ive seen a lupo with a JL 10" in the back, same as i said (wide box), sounded pretty good, especially with the focal comps up front

edit:
but its sounds like he wants to make a fakey parcel shelf, which is easy to do. But im just thinking about the size of the thing, isnt exactly big

[Edited on 20-09-2004 by VisibleMan]
Dom

20th Sep 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually, just seen a piccy of the boot, would be possible All you need to do is get a MDF parcel shelf (which you can make, with a template of the original) and then screw the 6x9s into that

Although, a sub would the easiest and better sound route
Coblet

20th Sep 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fake parcel shelf is the way really, but like I said... he's a bit of a fool when it comes down to it. For some reason my entire generation refuses to believe that a set of 6x9s is not always the best way to go, especially if you have a sub.

At the end of the day a bit of prior planning and research on his part could have solved all these problems.

EDIT: A bit off topic here, but if you don't have a sub, what is recommended as a set of rear speakers? Mid-ranges mounted on the shelf running off an amp? Or will 6x9s really do the job ok?

[Edited on 20-09-2004 by Coblet]
Dom

20th Sep 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9s are ok when amped, but they work 100 times better when in a sealed box and amped

If he needs his boot etc, then he could opt for some comps up front (amped), some coxials in the back (just for sound, run them off HU if he wants) and then some 6-8" subs in the parcel shelf or in small boxes (amped of course) and that will sound pretty good. Alot better than 6x9s, but obviously will cost abit more etc.

New Poll