corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone with a stripped out corsa?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone with a stripped out corsa?
Ajones_17

User status: Offline
6th Nov 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it realy worth strippin out your corsa to a moderate level. I was thinkin about doin it with mine, i was just gonna take out the back seats but will it actually make a noticable dfference to acceleration.
broster
Premium Member

6th Nov 04 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, not if you just remove the rear seats, i put an 2ltr engine in the boot of my car and kept the full interior, didnt make any difference, just lowered my car a bit more
Adam-D

6th Nov 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did in mine
miles

6th Nov 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
no, not if you just remove the rear seats, i put an 2ltr engine in the boot of my car and kept the full interior, didnt make any difference, just lowered my car a bit more

You couldn't notice an extra 150KG's odd?

Think of the performance of removing weight as how your car feels with the extra weight of passengers....
Joff

6th Nov 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the road the extra weight is negligible. Obviously it's there on paper, but in the real world it means jack.

On the track of course every little helps, but dual carriageway races can be lost by having to slow down for a mother pushing a pram across the road at the traffic lights.
J da Silva

6th Nov 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously a weight difference, but depends if you want the rally/track car look or wether your after a weight advantage, if you want the weight advantage, then what would you be needing it for?
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 04 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
quote:
Originally posted by broster

You couldn't notice an extra 150KG's odd?

Think of the performance of removing weight as how your car feels with the extra weight of passengers....

didnt make much if any difference, i mean, ok it may have made micro differences but naff all the bum dyno could notice
LukeGSi

7th Nov 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it make a difference....yeah more uncomfortable and more noisy I'm currently putting all mine back in, think it felt quicker due to increased road, engine and exhaust noise Not worth it for a power gain IMO
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 04 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a hole in my bulkhead where a gromet used to be, the engine sounds a hell of a lot louder and i fell like im going faster. water gets in tho
Ajones_17

7th Nov 04 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take that as a no then about i bein worth it. i wanted it so my cars a bit quicker of the lights and on acceleration.
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 04 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ajones_17
take that as a no then about i bein worth it. i wanted it so my cars a bit quicker of the lights and on acceleration.

you will think its quicker but IMO unless you remove everything bar a seat then u wont notice it that much, wil lseem faster due to more noise etc
Ajones_17

8th Nov 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think i'll bother then, i thought i would of got a decent performance gain but i can't say i've ever felt the weight of the back seats in ma car. I was expecting to get of the line quicker without back seats but if you all say it doesn't really make a difference then i'll probs leave. Wish it did though

[Edited on 08-11-2004 by Ajones_17]
James R

8th Nov 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moderate stripping doesn't help much. If you go made and put the car on a mega diet it will. The seasts don't weight that much, but with the spare tyre out, sound deadening out etc... you'll notice the diff. a 2L nova not stripped to stripped can be 0.2 faster up the strip :O
J100RSA

8th Nov 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took mine out didnt make the blindest bit of difference i just made mine faster by dumping in a valver

New Poll