corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lexmaul fitted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lexmaul fitted
WARPED

User status: Offline
24th Oct 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted my lexmaul inlet jobbie last nite, took about 45 mins

40 mins of that was working out how to get the throttle body connecting pipe back on

just incase anyone is intrested in getting one, it now pulls much stronger through the midrange whereas before it only had power starting at 4000rpm

janspeed 4-2-1 manifold going on next but need garage to do it as dont have any ramps

cheers anthony
chris1983

24th Oct 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get it from buddy?
i'm interested in gettin an inlet manifold but can only find the mantzel one on courtenay website and the dblias one which is a bit dear.

also is everything included in the kit for fitting or did you have to buy extra parts?
WARPED

24th Oct 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought mine second hand on here, only part u need is a gasket which is already on your car

needed one socket, one spanner, one g-clamp and a pair of pliers to fit

easy peasy, not sure where u buy them new, used to be PVD but think they went bust?
messham11

24th Oct 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of getting one too. Buy total vauxhall you'll see loads in there, they range from 460-495. Wanted to know how much they'd cost to fit but sounds easy enough now! Most of em come with full instructions aswell. Does it recommend modding anything else aswell? Heard you should match it witha good induction kit?!
Ant

24th Oct 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good induction kit will help both me and mark broster ran vipers with ours, A remap with a unichp tye set up would also help i think mark found a cheaper alternative to the unichp but im not sure. I thnk regal do the lexmaul inlet now it should be round the £400 mark i would think.
chris1983

24th Oct 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regals website only has the exhaust manifold which is £330. Would have to phone em to see if they had the inlet.
chris1983

24th Oct 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and there's one on ebay just now for an X16XE
Ant

24th Oct 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

above will also fit x14xe then
WARPED

24th Oct 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is thats the actual picture of it on ebay then it wont fit the x16xe

for a start the inlet pipes are on the bottom and they should be on the top!

if that one does fit the x16xe then it will also fit the x14xe
chris1983

24th Oct 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the X16XE and X14XE ones the same?
WARPED

24th Oct 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh im pretty sure the lexmaul fits both 1.6 and 1.4 but not the earlier c16xe that were on some gsi
Joff

24th Oct 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, they are.

I've got full instructions if anyone needs them, but they really are a straightforward swap.
broster
Premium Member

24th Oct 04 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
good induction kit will help both me and mark broster ran vipers with ours, A remap with a unichp tye set up would also help i think mark found a cheaper alternative to the unichp but im not sure. I thnk regal do the lexmaul inlet now it should be round the £400 mark i would think.

i know of a cheaper alternative yes, drop jamsport a call in northants and they will sort you out, yeah i also ran a viper with mine as did joff, its the way to go. u suffering now aritchie!!! lol

New Poll