corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Computer Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Computer Help!
si_reading

User status: Offline
13th Oct 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to my PC memory details I have 4 memory banks (2 banks of 2). So I get that I have to upgrade in pairs or memory sticks.

Currently I have 256MB of RDRAM in 2 of the banks, but the other two have sticks in them but not sure what they are!! If I buy another pair of memory sticks do I have to replace the memory I currently have or can I run it along side the memory I already have, just take these two other random sticks out? I can get a pic of it if that would help?

Anyone got any ideas before I start blowing something up?
Dan B

13th Oct 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RDRAM (RIMMs) aren't cheap......you're looking at about £58 per 256Mb chip. You'd also need to make sure you match the speeds of all 4 chips, aswell, if you're running them all together (RIMMs can be 800MHz or 1066MHz); also, check the number of pins on the existing chips, to ensure you get the right size.
si_reading

14th Oct 04 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers pal. Yer just looking at prices and they aren't cheap at all are they!! Can remember putting some RAM in an old PC we had once and only cost like 20 quid.

Mine are PC800- 40. I'll keep having a look about on the net for the best prices, you never know there might be a deal on eBay or something

New Poll