corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gearbox question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox question
Mistamist

User status: Offline
1st Oct 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand the F16 box on a xe gives better acceleration than an f20 but sacrifices top end. was just wondering if i could nick the final drive from a f20 and use it on the f16 and would it give the same top end figure?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Oct 04 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm unclear on the question but if you mean could you have better acceleration and a better top end then the answer is no!

If you put a longer final drive in a F16 SR then you'd basically have a weak F20.

Its not so simple though - there are a few different versions of the F16 box, some of which are the same ratios as F20 I think.

You'd have to count the teeth to know exactly what you have.
ainsley_brader

3rd Oct 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to do what you want you would need a close ratio f16 box fitted with a pair of 5th gears from a wide ratio box, but if you got it wrong you could end up with a huge drop in revs from 4th to 5th!
Mistamist

3rd Oct 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aaah i see, guess i wont be doin that then cheers guys

New Poll