corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe into gsi engine front engine mount

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe into gsi engine front engine mount
starkie

User status: Offline
15th Apr 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is involved in this and whats different i.e where it sits and what needs to be made
DP.

16th Apr 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heh - this question has been answered so many times whcih is prolly why no ones bothered to reply, use the search function for more into but i can tell you the GSI requires an additional bodywork mount because of the PAS pump on old engine... you also need a gearbox mount and if anyone mentions spacers for the gearbox then shut your ears and dont bother with them lol
starkie

17th Apr 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but i am using the cav pas pump so i dont need to worry about that but i know the big eck has got a factory style mount on his front mount and looking to know what one it is and what would be so dodgy about using spacers as long as the size of bolts is increased to accomadate it then there would be no probs would prob use high tensile bolts as they are 12.9's instead of 10.9's which vauxhall use and would be able to take the increased pressure asked of them
DP.

17th Apr 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you use spacers you will need to modify your gear linkage
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Apr 04 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if the height is different but spacers would certainly sort the horizontal positioning.
vauxtillidie

18th Apr 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i used spacers on the gearbox mount my astra shafts wouldnt fit and the gear linkage didnt line up either, took them out and modified the mount to fit on the f20 and solved all the probs!
DP.

18th Apr 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used the gearbox mount spacer and modified my gear linkage and it works perfectly... if doing it again i would just leave the spacer out and user standard linkage like you did vauxtillidie

New Poll