corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » whiteline anti-roll bars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whiteline anti-roll bars
greebo2

User status: Offline
28th Jul 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone used the whiteline front and rear anti-roll bars from demon tweeks?
Any good? Worth the money? Any problems with tracking/camber etc?
Kris TD

28th Jul 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad price, about 75 quid each plus p & p arent they?
i put 1.6 sport antirole bars on mine cos it had a tiny rear one and no front one, made a bit of difference to body role but nothing to write home about.
ffls

28th Jul 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By all means upgrade the antiroll bars!
I've used Eibach ones, and I have much less bodyroll and a neutral handling. whitelines should give the same advantages.
I was also thinking in trying one one their suspension kits, or springs, because I've got Eibach springs with koni sport and the ride is harder than a rock
Next upgrade: Polybushes for the front antiroll bar and camber kit for the rear
broster
Premium Member

28th Jul 04 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffls, iv fitted poly bushes to the front end of my car, to be honest unless u ones have totally knackered just doing the anti roll bar isnt going to make any difference, i did the full lot and the only small differnce i got now is when i brake its alot more stable.
Kris TD

28th Jul 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
ffls, iv fitted poly bushes to the front end of my car, to be honest unless u ones have totally knackered just doing the anti roll bar isnt going to make any difference, i did the full lot and the only small differnce i got now is when i brake its alot more stable.

which you would probably notice from putting new standard ones on too.
ffls

29th Jul 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So boys, KrisTD and Brooster,

What about the ride quality of the polybushes, are they hard when compared with the original Vaux ones?
My car has done 80K sould I replace the bushes? Because rally design ones are cheap, are they any good? Will steering become more precise?

Thanks
broster
Premium Member

29th Jul 04 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont make the car any harsher inside if you get me, they are alot harder tho, when u try and squash the poly bushes they hardly move where as the vaux ones will crush right up. only difference i got when i fitted new poly ones was when i was braking the car held a straight line more than before when it was really squemish if you get me! i used the powerflex ones. full set i believe. may aswell replace them if you feel the need to take ur car apart for an afternoon. wouldnt just do the anti roll bar id do the lot while ur there!
greebo2

30th Jul 04 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but are the poly's worth the money?
they're pretty pricey!
broster
Premium Member

30th Jul 04 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if everything else on ur suspension is uprated, and you want more then yes go for it! the only really help underbraking as i said before.
Siberia

30th Jul 04 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they dont make the car any harsher inside if you get me, they are alot harder tho, when u try and squash the poly bushes they hardly move where as the vaux ones will crush right up. only difference i got when i fitted new poly ones was when i was braking the car held a straight line more than before when it was really squemish if you get me! i used the powerflex ones. full set i believe. may aswell replace them if you feel the need to take ur car apart for an afternoon. wouldnt just do the anti roll bar id do the lot while ur there!

i get this when braking heavy car kinda moves side to side...
broster
Premium Member

30th Jul 04 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i had this when i fitted my v6 brakes, since i done the bushes up front the problem has gone!
Siberia

30th Jul 04 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah i had this when i fitted my v6 brakes, since i done the bushes up front the problem has gone!

yes! since i put on my V6 brakes too.

problem i have is i have no service history for my car so for all i know the bushes could be the original one that were put in in the factory 10 year ago

i'm just replacing things as i go... some polybushes are on my todo list.
broster
Premium Member

30th Jul 04 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will no doubt be the originals mate.. people dont change bushes til lthey have fallen apart lol
ffls

30th Jul 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice.

But are the rally Design ones, good for sometthing?
Any experiences out there?
And with 80K should I change the bushes?

Jambo

30th Jul 04 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poly bushes make the ride crashy?
I too have squeeming from my v6s can be pretty hairy lol

I thought they were supposed to be hard as fook

Or should i just put new vaux ones on?
Car has done only 43k
broster
Premium Member

30th Jul 04 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cars not crashy, ride was better than it was with worn bushes. deffo stopped the squirmy feel under hard braking!
TOMAS

30th Jul 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone with older CorsaB's - I can get you genuine Vauxhall New wishbones complete with brand new bushes in them for a VERY nifty price. Anyone local to Notts then its even easier...
greebo2

31st Jul 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it sounds like no-one's used the whiteline anti-roll bars then!
j0hn

1st Feb 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Anyone with older CorsaB's - I can get you genuine Vauxhall New wishbones complete with brand new bushes in them for a VERY nifty price. Anyone local to Notts then its even easier...

how wud my car benefit from this?

New Poll