corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hazard Light On Dash ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hazard Light On Dash ?
H13X JW

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite, for all those who read my other post i've now fixed the problem with the indicator light not displaying ( It turned out to b on of the connections behind where the clocks sit being too low to make contact ) Anyway i've now got another prob.

When my hazards are on the lights on the car flash but the one on the dash doesn't, it neva has tho and my mates corsa b doesn't work either. I've checked with an ammeter and i hav a voltage at the connector block and obviously the bulb still works. Does anyone know what this could be? I bloody hate car electrics. Cheers
Black Corsa SRi

22nd Jul 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u def the bulb still working? How you tested it?
H13X JW

22nd Jul 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bulb works cos it comes on with the indicators. Plus me and my grandad did the open circut test with the ammeter
Black Corsa SRi

22nd Jul 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right though u meant the one in the hazard switch itself. I'd get you haynes out and have a look at the wiring diag and check all the connections are right etc. I'd start with the ones only associated with the hazards cause if the light is working with norm indicatos then doubt there'll be a prob with that part of the circuit
Rileysport

22nd Jul 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be the wire, on the left indicator stalk its one of the three BLACK/WHITE wires, cant remember which one tho mate
H13X JW

22nd Jul 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wiring appears to be fine ( Is this a common fault on corsa b's btw cos my m8s isn't working either? ) I've got a positive voltage up until the plug that is inside the dash. It's the plug that supplies the power and signals to the clocks but i can't find any problems at all with it. The only thing odd (other than the light not coming on) is that if i hav the indicator on so that the green flashing light is on then push my hazard switch the flashing light stops. Cheers for the help ppl

New Poll