corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » putting back together a dismantled Corsa b dash

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author putting back together a dismantled Corsa b dash
purple_corsa_gls

User status: Offline
7th Jun 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last night i regrettably dismantled my dash...al for one stupid bulb..

When putting it back to gether the two heater vents in the middle look as though they are pushed back, as does the middle part that turns them on. Also the hazard warning switch has popped out, and when i try to put it back in theres either a buzz, or the lights come on.

If anyone can help please can you tell me how to...

1. Put the heater switches back in, with the air vents on line with the dash.

2. Clip the Hazard warning light switch back into position.

I also managed to blow the circuit in the car so the power steering, mirrors, windows, speedo, rev counter, petrol and temperature gauge dont work...i should have paid someone to do it - all for a 60p bulb!

(its a 1999 V Corsa B)
davemark

8th Jun 04 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in reply of the last bit

"I also managed to blow the circuit in the car so the power steering, mirrors, windows, speedo, rev counter, petrol and temperature gauge dont work"

that happend to me when takeing my dash apart (astra mk3) , it was a broken bulb in the whole that shorted out, go though ya fuses in ya fuse box , one of them (or 3 for me) may be blown, as for the heater and the hazzard lights ,, can u take a pic ?

davemark

[Edited on 08-06-2004 by davemark]
purple_corsa_gls

10th Jun 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry its all back together.

it was coveed on the warranty coz ive only had the car a month. it was a bastard having to explain to the garage owner why the dash was apart and the electrics blown!!!

If you go on the help bit, ive put on how i put mine back together - i dont know if you're still struggling, or if the astra and corsa are the same...it might help though.

It did end up being a few fuses. the prick tried to accuse me of taking out fuses so i could make them pay to do the work on the warranty - why would i go without my car for 2 days just to let them change something i could have done in 10 minutes. Garage owners are tits arent they?!!

New Poll