corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction Kit Info and Help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction Kit Info and Help.
Gazz

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am considering buying an induction kit for my 1.4 Corsa B becuse the engine doesn't sound very meaty. What induction kit does everyone suggest for noise alone ?

I was also considering mounting the induction kit to the front of the car so that it is coming out of the front grille. Is this a wise idea ? As it will get clogged with dirt and be subjected to everything that the outside of the car would be.

And will it sound better than being located where they normally go cos of where I was considering puting it ?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Gazz

22nd Jun 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I realise that my car may run lean after fitting an induction kit and I might loose some power but this is not a big issue. I also am aware of the consequences of the filter sucking in hot air from the engine bay and it would make more sense to put a cold air feed to the filter, but just wanting to know what would happen if I mount it when I am looking to mount it.
myke

22nd Jun 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it would get covered in water and road crap. if you were going along the motorway in the wet, it'd get clogged up from all the spray and restrict the air flow through it.
you could put some sort of perspex panel in front of it, but i don't think you'll see much benefit to doing this tbh.
you'd be better off spending your time fabricating a heat shield to keep the filter cool in the engine bay.

i believe foam type filters like pipercross items to be loudest.
L330wnz

23rd Jun 04 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

piperx/bfo loudest but are made by the same people just different label

New Poll