corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » air filter/induction kits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author air filter/induction kits
DAN220486

User status: Offline
7th Jun 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a corsa 1.2 sxi and am lookin at gettin an air filter or induction kit. firstly is there any difference to an induction kit or air filter. secondly which ones r good but not stupidly priced and will they up my insurance premium?

I like the PVD one as it is designed specifically for my car and looks the biz but is only an air filter, tho it shud bring more grunt to the car.

Thanx for help
blundey

8th Jun 04 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The air FILTER is the bit of material that filters through all the rubbish on the induction system.

Your talking about an induction kit...such as PVD/K&N/pipercross etc...

Its personal preference what you do, some will say induction kits make the car less responsive and give the car flat spots and what not, others swear by them.

When fitted PROPERLY they can give some nice results.

I have the same car as you and went all out and bought the POWERTEC SL1X induction kit for the corsa c 1.2 ...and its made a hell of a difference in sound, and noticable difference in power.

Baring in mind it was fitted with cold air feed and heat sheild.

The PVD one is of the same size..[200mm] but obviously i havent tried it so cant give it much of a thumbs up or down.

I can guarentee you someone will tell you to drill some holes in your air box too

ITS YOUR CHOICE
L330wnz

8th Jun 04 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drill some holes in ya air box
Graham

8th Jun 04 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drilled airbox is far better IMO, along with a good ram cold air feed from the arch into the airbox direct into a performance filter, will be much better than anyinduction kit (well excl viper).
tiptoptim

8th Jun 04 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got a PVD BFO cone and it does sound really nice. As for power I have got a 1.4 8v and I have lost a little bit of power but it sounds more gruntier. If your after noice, go for BFO cone. If your after power don't get the BFO.
DAN220486

8th Jun 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blundy, how much was your induction system in the end, where from and was it easy to fit?

if i drilled the air box and added a cold feed and panel filter wud it cost less? also how easy is this to do, tools size hole etc
blundey

8th Jun 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a FAQ section giving you a tutorial on how to do the air box. The air box way will cost about 30 quid. I recently put a post up on reasons NOT to drill holes in your air box.

Put it this way...people drill holes in there air box on the drivers side wing and under neath the box for more air flow into the airbox............but yet it does the same thing as an induction kit.....sucks in hot air.....if you drill an BIG hole and put in a cold air feed and give it an air tight seal....this would be a vast improvment! But having all the additional holes will just be pointless in my OPINION.

If however you get an induction kit, your going to get some kind of guarentee with it, or you should do. Becareful; about modifying any part of your induction system if it is under warranty still and vauxhaul may void it.

My kit came from www.potn.com but the people that manufactur it can be found at www.powertec.uk.net

They are quite new on the market and have been tested and prooved to work better than the leading brands out currently like k&n.

Its also stainless steel so it looks good

Costs 99.95 for SL1 150mm
Costs 119.95 for SL1X 200mm

good luck with what you decide to do.

Either way whatever you do make sure you do a good job of it or just dont bother
Poot

26th Feb 05 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a K&N 57i on my 1.2 8v, havent told insurers but i think I ought to...how much would the insurance be upped by? I've been informed any engine mods can seriously affect insurance...
DaXx

26th Feb 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates insurance went up by £150
Poot

26th Feb 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaXx
My mates insurance went up by £150

Crap... the filters are only like 50 quid new!!lol! hmm maybe i'll fit a standard filter back on or not tell the insurers, nah if I did that i'd probably write off my car next week and not be covered!

New Poll