corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oil pan leek (very small) But need new one!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil pan leek (very small) But need new one!
tiptoptim

User status: Offline
5th Jun 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found out where my oil leek is coming from and it is the oil pan. vauxhall quoted me £82 +vat for one (LOL). Anyone know where I can get one cheaper from??

Also need some other bits for the cooling as my fan cuts in at 94 instead of 100. There is also a leek in it some where (Bloody Cars!).
BeArDy

5th Jun 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like sump gasket has gone

Gasket £20
Oil £15
Oil filter £3
Total £38

then eather do it yourself
- drop oil
- undo zorst
- undo all bolts to sump (about 20)
- remove old gasket
- put new one in place
- bolt back up
- new oil filter (as u may aswell when your changing the oil)
- fill up with oil

or i will do it for £20 labour
BeArDy

5th Jun 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fan shouldent make a differance aslong as your engine is cool and running fine, maybe coolent in the water.
tiptoptim

7th Jun 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be getting a new oil pan today from a scrapyard. They want £15 + £10 for taking it of the car for me. They will also check it for me to.

Do I need to change the oil filter as I only change my oil a week ago?

As for the fan I have never changed the thermostat and the other temp things in the engine that tell the fan when to cut in, so I might change them to.

Vauxhall reckond my head gasket had gone, but since then I have taken it to some other garages and they say that it hasn't.

Thank you for offering to the work for me. I would have taken you up on it, but it is quite a distance to travel as I live near cambridge.

New Poll