corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Engine warning lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Engine warning lights
Sjdickso

User status: Offline
20th May 04 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shortly after i started the car last night the engine electrics light came on the picture with a car and a spanner through it, I stopped the car and restarted it still wouldnt go out so i drove home. Then when i restarted the car both the Engine electics light came on and the Exhaust emmssions.

I phoned up my local vauxhall dealership and its booked in, but this morning on the way to work just the exhaust emission light is on.

What could this be?? i have an induction kit fitted could this have caused the problem and should i remove it before i go to the garage, Bearing in mind they know my car and probably remember me having an induction kit on it.

What shall i do?
Paul H

20th May 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best put it back to standard mate last thing you want is them blameing it on the induction kit and voiding any warranty you may have
Sjdickso

20th May 04 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could put the standard one back on but, as said earlier i think they know that i have got an induction kit on the car.

Could the induction kit cause a problem like this?

Cheers anyway.
Sjdickso

20th May 04 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ??
Red_SXi

20th May 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably your mass airflow sensor, mine went wrong.

I'd take the induction kit off and return it to standard airbox because if yuo take it there with the induction kit and it turns out to be mass airflow sensor they will make you pay, and from what i've heard it wont be short of £300
Sjdickso

21st May 04 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the induction kit off yesterday, But i forgot to mention that i had a eckotec valve on it, which i couldnt take off as it is it cut into pipe.

Hartwells have just phoned me up and are blaming that for problem, £320.00 for a new pipe and mass air sensor

New Poll