corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need technical assistance!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need technical assistance!
corsa_sri_lee

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 03 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys,

I have two problems with my car that I believe are probably linked. X reg Corsa C sri 1.4 with 21000 miles. First problem manifests itself when the car is up to running temperature. I stop to go to the shop return within 10minutes or so, start the car and unless I blip the accelerator manually the revs just drop straight off and the engine cuts out. Doesn't do this when the engine is cold(?)

Secondly - this has happened a few times now - I've pulled away from the house engine temperature just starting to hit 80 on the guage - slow down for junction or traffic lights - dip clutch to change down and then the revs drop off and engine cuts out - warning lights and engine management lights displayed. Starts again firts time no problems.

Does this sound like an electrical fault / sensor fault / fuel fault / or a combination of them. It reminds me of Auto choke problems with old Fords.....how does the Corsa deal with the Auto Choke?

Cheers,
Lee
carnoisseurcraig

3rd Sep 03 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i was gonna say.

runs fine at low temps but wont idle worth a fuck when it warm. think corsas have a cold start valve. someone else on here will keep ya right.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Sep 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check ur fuses first, i had a prob like that and turned out to be a fuse

Rob H

3rd Sep 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has the same problem. Splutters when you start it up when warm, and has cut out a few times on junctions/ traffic lights. Must be a common problem, or at least a common thing thats gone wrong.

roy_newell

3rd Sep 03 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roy to the rescue, you boys should really get a haynes manual.
this is straight out of haynes, Engine difficult to start when hot, air filter dirty or clogged, fuel injection system fault, low cylinder compressions (although this would also effect cold starts)

Engine starts but stops immediately, Loose or faulty electrical connections in the ignition circuit (i.e. check your spark plugs and ht coil), vacuum leak at the fuel injection unit/throttle body or inlet manifold, fuel injection system fault.

Engine stalls, crap driver (i'm kidding, I understand what you mean), vacuum leak at fuel injection unit/throttle body, inlet manifold or associated hoses, Fuel filter choked, fuel pump faulty or delivery pressure low, fuel tank vent blocked or fuel pipes restricted, fuel injection system fault.

From all these fuel injection system fault sounds like it crps up everywhere, get it cvhecked out, hope this helps

New Poll