corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2001 1.4 16v performance....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2001 1.4 16v performance....
nassau

User status: Offline
16th Jul 03 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently got a 2001 1.4 sri ( corsa c ). little bit disappointed in the upper rev range performance, typically it struggles to pull above 5000 in 4th and 5th and it's a real waiting game for it to get to 6000. bearing in mind this is where the maximum power should be it seems like it's not. this is without the aircon on !!!
what makes it seem worse is I traded in a '94 1.4 and it was quite happy to see the limiter in all gears, no mods either.
i've had a number of corsa b's over the years mostly the 1.4 8v and a 1.4 16v when they first came out. i know the engine setup was different then but the 16v was a real peach, when it got to 4000 it really took off !!
so, is this maybe typical of the new ecotech engines and vauxhall restricting the engines or does anyone know where the problem could lie ? no warning lights by the way, mileage is 17,700..
I've got a 'meeting' with the vauxhall dealer, again, on friday to go over the car again. as there's no warning lights there not really interested.... any info anyone may have would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

New Poll