corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ENGINE PROBLEM!!! WHATS HAPPENING?????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ENGINE PROBLEM!!! WHATS HAPPENING?????????
impacter

User status: Offline
16th May 04 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa 1 litre has been experiencin some dodgy stuff. it all started other day when i would be driving the car and suddenly the power steering would stop working for a few seconds and controlling the car was impossible during that time. Now today the electrics cut off for a split second and the power steering stops functioning for that split second.

and it got worse and worse...

now when it does it, the accelerator pedal feels odd. when i press it the car would chug really badly, almost giving u whip-lash. it would do that for about 10 seconds then go back to normal. My water temp reaches almost 100! whilst engine turnt off, i turnt on lights and the water temp gauge went way above maximun.

WHAT IS THIS???????????

help me
thanks
ollie
greengoddess

16th May 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the engine management light on or not.If it is then take it to a garage that can read fault codes as it will save a lot of time and guesswork.If it is not illuminated the power steering problem is quite common, mine does this as well (only when turning right for some reason), tho not that often.

As for the temp guage, does the fan come on? If not connect it to the battery to see if it works, if it does buy a new thermoswitch that goes in the rad.

[Edited on 16-05-2004 by greengoddess]
impacter

16th May 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ECU light always been on. checked with vauxhall and they said it was cus i got a EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation) messed up. that affects coolant and gas etc. could that be the problem?
greengoddess

16th May 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry just re-read your post the temp guage does this whilst the engine is off?.Dont really know on that one, could be a dodgy earth somewhere (have you fitted anything to the electrics lately?), or maybe something is shorting on something else???

Hope ya sort it m8, and post up what u find it to be as it always helps others.
greengoddess

16th May 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sent

New Poll