corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Upgrading a pritty basic corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Upgrading a pritty basic corsa
HeNdie

User status: Offline
13th May 04 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you once had a pritty basic corsa, which steps did you take in upgrading it, or what steps would you take? Did you go for the dear stuff at the start or little parts then dear ones. Interior or exterior first ? I'm just open to opinions and prices

It's a 1.2 3d, with alloys, about it.
LukeGSi

13th May 04 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good set of lowering springs and a nice backbox would be the first thing on my list, then if you plan to mod it more id suggest a cat1 alarm
jmacd

13th May 04 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got my car it had alloys on. First thing that i bought was a back box and drilled and induction kit. Then u will need to go an buy a haynes manual so that u dont piss people on here off by asking question that have already been asked too many times before. This tells u how 2's for all ur interior bit like gear knob, hand brake etc. all that stuff is quite cheap then u could colour code your interior. I got the standard kit coulour coded for £200 whic looks alot better. Buckets bout £300 cd player sub and amp £600. up to u wot u wana do 1st.
Matt H

13th May 04 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start by deciding what you want in the end
Daimo B

13th May 04 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Square said it.

I've had my corsa for what, 4 odd years now.

http://daimob.fotki.com/d4mo_b/

It started off actaully on here. I wanted to modify it, but not majorly (DOHH). Started off with 15"s, rear can, then i lowered it, tarted all my engine bay up, changed my seats, then got new wheels and the exhaust system i always wanted.

Then i got into my boom box twin 15"s, yesh please.

Then i grew up a bit more, and started to loose my hearing (not really, but could of), and had a few problems with the car which made me think, fuck it.

Off it went to the bodyshop. I've had SO many different plans for her you wouldn' believe, wanted the Lexmaul bumper, then the Carzone front end, then the whole BAT kit, but i ALWAYS wants an airdamn and stieny skirts. So in the end i went for it. Thats 3 years planning on how i wanted the car.

Then i got it back, and Donna perswaded me to get a 2.0 16v, i folded, and ended up having that done, as well as another mod i always wanted, rear discs.

4 years later, a lot of money, a lot of my own time, and its still not finished, but is getting there.

My advice, Corsa B kits arn't really being made apart from the stuff already out. I'd look at all the kits and decide how you want to go. Big, mad, custom 1 off (££££££££), or plain, tried and tested kits and simple wheels etc. Or go go a bit more Euro style (mmmmm, becoming more popular).

Always research and take time to decide what you want to get. Thinking will save you SO much money.
HeNdie

13th May 04 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers so far, Daimo B nice essay thats helped quite a bit, didnt really think of planning much was just gona go and hope it looked good lol :S

I'm not too sure how long im going to keep it tho, i either keep this for 4 years like Daimo B and do it up gradually. Or i do this car partially say for a year. Then maybe get a newer corsa and do that up.
Matt H

13th May 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

persuaded damien not perswaded
HeNdie

13th May 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Daimo B

13th May 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dammit, uknow what i mean

perswaded, what, im i going wading or summit

Mines not finished yet, plenty years left. Depends if you want to chuck money at a load of cars or make 1 car exactly how you want it.

New Poll