corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any 1 On Here In The RAF !!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any 1 On Here In The RAF !!!!
Rocky

User status: Offline
   5th Sep 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Peeps

Iam Planning to join the RAF coz i need to start a career and i need a trade so iam looking into it at mo but i will b prop going into adminstration , so all i want to find out is wats this traning about that you got to do either 9 weeks or 12, do get the chance to go home or have u got to stay there till it ends and is the recruit traning hard like army standards?? thats all i think when i hear the word traning i think boot camp on sky 1 for sum reason is it like that???

Cheers
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
mentalcorsa

5th Sep 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iwas gonna b but decided not ot in the end
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dat dude??? to hard is it i know mate its much easier than the army just got to find more info abt it
mentalcorsa

5th Sep 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to the carreas officein town and they gave me a massive pak told u all about it m8 wot u do , pay etcetc m8 absolutley everything u needed 2 no m8
AndyW

5th Sep 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive applied for the forms, ive also applied for police forms.
Trigger

5th Sep 03 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i signed up to raf as aircraft technician went college 3 years studying aeronautical engineering the test is weird they do it so the more qualifications you got the less questions you need to get right and the less you got the more questions you have to get? cos the colleges f@*ed up my certificates i could not prove what i passed so i had to get 82% of the apptitude test right which is alot if anyones done the test knows done the test and got 81% failed by 2 questions gutted but if i had my certifcates i only had to get 70% what a joke i nearly died when they said no 3 years lost and a career fu*@ed up through no fault of my own. i would go for it though mate supposedly your have such a good life in the forces everyone i no says its the best time of your life.
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh mate but is the 12 week traning really hard like and do u have time to go home between the traning ??
AndyW

5th Sep 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 weeks trainin stop bein a tart! and hit the trainin hard. and dont be a tart!
Shelly
Premium Member

5th Sep 03 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister has just done her aptitude test on wednesday and has her medical on monday. shes going to be a flight operations assistant
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch it nova b4 i slap ya silly all i like abt the job is the money at the end of the day
Trigger

5th Sep 03 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant quite remember all about training i think u do get to go home but it depends how you go on your training i think you go home every month 4 weekend but if your lacking behind fitness then they keep you behind 12 week basic traing is hard its the same as the armys basic 12 weeks but it really does depend on your trade i.e pilots, soilders have to be fit as anything but admin traffic control etc i wouldn't imagin there be so strict on as there not gonna be fighting wars on the front line just from a base 1000's miles away still have to be fit though. loads of running with pack on square bashing
Shelly
Premium Member

5th Sep 03 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to be a chef in the navy but im not allowed
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds nice trigger but iam either going into adminstration , Painter & Finisher, transport driver dont want to b on the front line just in the background iam sure u dont hav to hav major physical traning for sitting in a office like
Trigger

5th Sep 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i just said but you still have to do basic training everyone does basic then you go onto learning about your trade in a classroom your basic might not be as long as 12 weeks but you will have to prove your fitness otherwise half the forces would be fat bas&ards cos they didn't have to prove they were fit
AndyW

5th Sep 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinkin of applyin for with RAF police or fireman even technician, looks a god job,
see how my essex police application goes first. if all fails will be essex fire service.
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good
Rob_Scarborough

5th Sep 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Im in the RAF, been in 3 months now, its the best thing ull do . Im currently at RAF Cosford and its a rite laught, beer @ £1 a pint and Wolverhampton. Telford a train journey away for a night out. Your basic trainning @ Haltons a bitch but well worth it
vibrio
Banned

5th Sep 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing you can do is wank
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol so training is not as hard is it mate do ya get a chance to go home mate aswell, coz dont think i b able to go on cruize a lot due to me going to RAF or even hav chance to mod it
Trigger

5th Sep 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isuracnce is much cheaper aswell cos no ones goona nick your car when its parked in the middle of a base
vibrio
Banned

no but they might bomb it when your out of it
Trigger

insurance sorry
Rocky

5th Sep 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vibrio man get out of this post iam trying to find out abt a career here and ur hijacking it

well trigger least me car wud b safe in the middle of a well secured base
Rob_Scarborough

5th Sep 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ur not allowed home for the first 2 weeks but depending on how ur intake has done over the week then yeah ur allowed home, usually letting u off at 5ish Friday and u have to be back at Halton by 6pm on Sunday. After ur basic trainning and u go to RAF Cosford if u choose to do Technical trades or PTI then at 5 ish the nights urs and u can do what u want, as long as ur ready for work at 7.50am

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any 1 On Here In The RAF !!!! 22 database queries in 0.0918219 seconds