corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any 1 On Here In The RAF !!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any 1 On Here In The RAF !!!!
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
5th Sep 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Rocky
vibrio man get out of this post iam trying to find out abt a career here and ur hijacking it

well trigger least me car wud b safe in the middle of a well secured base

I tried the to get into the armed forces but they all refused me on the basis of my eye sight. so I became a scientist instead
ackers2302

10th Mar 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't matter what part of the RAF you go in to. everyone will have to pass the same fitness tests. there are exceptions like the infantry and pilots etc. but for admin you'l only have to do basic.

you will get to go home on training, its up to them when to send you home.

my mate has just completed 32weeks in the marines training and he was away for 4week back for weekend, away for 2week back for weekend.

12weeks aint that bad, only 3 months. it'l fly by.

go for it
James

10th Mar 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think nearly 3 years on he wont care much anymore

[Edited on 10-03-2006 by James]
ianofbhills

10th Mar 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the air force now and have been for 7 years.

Basic training at Halton is nothing to worry about, sure the instructors might shout at you and there are lots of rules, cleaning, ironing polishing etc thats all gonna be new to you. All you have to remember is it is only 12 weeks of your life and as long as you keep reminding yourself its all bullsh1t you will be fine. Once you get out of training its a totally different world and is a very easy job that you will get paid really well for. You will have a secure job for however long you have signed on for and there are not many careers outside of the armed forces that can offer that.

I am an aircraft technician and the training for that last much longer then other trades such as admin. When i joined up i did 8 weeks at RAF Halton then a year and a half at cosford doing my trade training which was a right laugh almost like being a student but getting paid to do it.
I've moved around quite alot for only being in 7 years (Halton, cosford,N Ireland,cottesmore,leuchars) but you make your own career and can pretty much get where ever you want to be.

For me the positives like doing a job i enjoy and getting paid well for what i actually do far out weigh the negatives such as all the bullsh1t that comes with being in the armed forces and all the being away from home. From what i have seen the air force or navy is a much better quality of life then the army so i wouldnt even consider the army.

If you want to ask me any specific questions about life in a blue suit then dont hesitate to ask.

Here is a pic of me about to go for a trip in a Tornado F3 on a recent detachment to cyprus for 2 weeks, not many jobs can offer perks like that!!!

stuartmitchell

10th Mar 06 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was training ro be a pilot after I left school.........but I got kicked out I found there was a lot of sound people but also A LOT of fannies including 70% of the pilots who though they were gods gift
stuartmitchell

10th Mar 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The technicians were sound though so fair paly to ^^^ that guy, had a good laugh with those lads
Rocky

10th Mar 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ how the hell this post come up

things changed since 3 years ago iam in stable job and iam happy but raf is still on my mind
bradfincham

10th Mar 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine is currently at uni doing pilot studies and is going into the RAF when he leaves.

Within a few years of training in smaller planes he will be flying the best

Fighter Pilot was my dream job and one that i could do but my eye sight killed that chance for me!

O well i work with planes at uni as half my degree is the same as the pilot/aeronautical students
the_legend_of_yrag

10th Mar 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends brother went in not long ago.

9 weeks of training and he was there 4 weeks and got too come home for two weekends, hes been there six weeks now and not likely to be home for a while.

Only reason he was alowed home was because he passed a written exam.

So far the worst bit he's done is going into the gas chambers, and is now working with guns.

He's upbeat about it all, and enjoying it in some respect.
bradfincham

10th Mar 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop worrying about being away from home!

I love having my own place even if i only rent, 4 smelly blokes living in a sess pit of a house!!
Matt H

10th Mar 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carly is in the RAF
Nismo

10th Mar 06 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister is in the RAF , has been for over 10 years , is an officer , such a class lifestyle.
drax

10th Mar 06 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WHAT THE FUCK is with shellys avatar picture
haller14

15th May 06 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads been in 27 years i think hes coming out next year though , he had the chance to go for a commison but he turned it down. said he liked being in the ranks. plus most officers are coccks

[Edited on 15-05-2006 by haller14]
mav

16th May 06 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY broother was in the Raf for about 12 years.he loved it..Seen the world etc....Went to war though too...But he wouldn't change it for anything...

And if he can do the training anybody can mind you that was along time ago...

My uncle was also in RAF, he's retired now, he's 55..Was way high up..Base commander or something. He was also in Red Arrows too
Russ

16th May 06 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was in RAF, then SAS then SBS, now im work on deniable operations, for a ghost team who only exist in the back of nowhere, untraceable and financed threw another division so we cannot be traced, only 6 men in the world other than my team know we exist...
Jamie

16th May 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Applied for the RAF but they told me I'd be as well finishing my HND then returning and having more doors open

So this is what I intend on doing

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any 1 On Here In The RAF !!!! 22 database queries in 0.0115728 seconds