corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice on knocking exhaust

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice on knocking exhaust
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 04 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my exhaust on for about 2 months now. It sounds an looks good, but it hasn't stopped knocking every now an then on the fuel tank and its beginning to get on my nerves !!!

The garage i had it fitted at have ran out of ideas so i'm gonna butcher it myself. What i want to know is, can i alter the angle of the inlet pipe that joins the rest of the system cos i think thats the problem an its offsettin the rest of the system. Can i alter this angle without the need to heat it up but keep the shape of the pipe (ie. not to dent it)

or shall i get shot an get another better one ???

cheers ppl !!

Mase
bravotwozero007

1st May 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it only do this on bumps? mine used to and i found out that the exhaust clamp had been put with the threads facing upwards thus catching on a bump!
Mase
Premium Member

1st May 04 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it does it mainly at idle after i've either driven down rutted roads or given it some beans. I think i'm gonna change it though cos its doin me head in. s'pose it serves me right for gettin a cheap exhaust !!

Mase
infinitycorsa

1st May 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MIne does this with s scorpin monza back box any ideas???
1600power

1st May 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stiffer mouting rubbers might help to remove excess movement in the system......powerflex do exhust mounts and they are stiff as fuck!

Give them a try and see how ya get on!
IntaCepta

2nd May 04 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a rattle or a knock?

mines rattling at the mo, need to adjust the bracket slightly. yea, get a good set of rubbers too.
T88_EDD

2nd May 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had this... lowered with fat bore exhaust means banging....

Solution: Zip tie some rubber to the axel where it's banging....

Sorted

P.S. Make sure it's strong rubber... and thick or it will wear thru... make sure u USE RUBBER tho, coz otherwise some stuff will melt.
M4tt

2nd May 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got a bangin exhaust too,

got rubber wrapped round axel, stiffer rubbers off a focus, adjusted the clamp, still no joy

clarkie

2nd May 04 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this aswell, started off as the clamp thred grindin on the axel. moved the clamp round a bit, sorted that. but then lowered 60mm, and axel now bangs on exhaust. the only thing i can think of is a custom exhaust, then u can ask them to bend it RIGHT UP over the axel. just a thought tho
broster
Premium Member

2nd May 04 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can get ur old exhaust bent up more if it comes to that

New Poll