corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » This is the Plan, will it work??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is the Plan, will it work??
Voyto

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Have A Vibe VP4 amp at the mo, i *think* it runs at 1200W RMS @1ohm

ok, i am going to have a custom box made for my boot which will hold these subs...

2 x Vibe Space 15" Subs

RMS Input: 750W
Peak Output: 3000W MAX
Dual 4 Ohm

Will my little VP4 cope with 2 of these? Ive been told by some dude who works for vibe that it will be ok and he could suggest no problems, but what do u guys think??

Rob B

24th Apr 04 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude cant you get a another VP4 off your mate ? then it would be wicker
DC

24th Apr 04 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless im half asleep and missing something seems like your amp wil be perfect to power those 2 subs if its 1 ohm stable as u say.

Wire the dual 4's together in parallel and show a 1 ohm load to your amp. That way u can giv as much as 1200rms to each sub if u really wanted to.

U wud obviously have to uprate your power cable to a minimum of 4 guage i wud think and it might be a good idea to start thinkin bout a new battery and alternator if u hadnt already.
Rob B

24th Apr 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And there's me thinking that the rockie's might be as loud LOL
Voyto

26th Apr 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone fitted 2x15s in the boot without removal of the rear seats?
Mo

26th Apr 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually for 15" subs u need a great big box unless u have kicker squares or summat like that
DC

26th Apr 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent done it but soeen a few Corsa B's with it done 2 and they had rear seats.

Basically what im saying is it can b done!!
Matt G

26th Jan 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC
Unless im half asleep and missing something seems like your amp wil be perfect to power those 2 subs if its 1 ohm stable as u say.

Wire the dual 4's together in parallel and show a 1 ohm load to your amp. That way u can giv as much as 1200rms to each sub if u really wanted to.

so does that mean that with1 amp that runs 1200w rms u can "fool" the amp nd make it run 2 subs with the same power? or am i confuzzled lol
Dom

26th Jan 05 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok....dc your wrong lad, sorry but each sub WONT get 1200wRMS

the power will be roughly split - it wont be 50/50 (due to factors and resistance between lengths of cable etc etc) but each sub should get around 600wRMS each.

Therefore, yes it WILL power them, but ideally i would either get another amp the same and run each sub at 2ohms, which will get your about 800-900wRMS. Or change mono block completely and get something that will do around 1600-1700wRMS
Smick

26th Jan 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The VP4 will do the job spot on, it is stable at 1ohm as you have said, pushin 1200w.

Put it all in and if it sounds keek (which im sure it wont) its not exactly hard swapping it for another amp at a later date cuz U will have all the wiring etc in place.
Dom

27th Jan 05 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Smick
The VP4 will do the job spot on, it is stable at 1ohm as you have said, pushin 1200w.

Put it all in and if it sounds keek (which im sure it wont) its not exactly hard swapping it for another amp at a later date cuz U will have all the wiring etc in place.

aye, but he will under power them by 300wRMS. And the amp will be 1200wRMS when turned up and im sure distortion will leak in sometime - so like i said it will power them, but its not the best idea as you have ZERO headroom for distortion and its distortion that kills speakers/coils.

Thats why i said, it might be worth looking for a new mono block that can do 1600wRMS at 1ohm, leaves him with headroom to cut gains and reduce distortion etc + he can wack his system up to the limit, unlike he could with his current VP4
chillout

28th Jan 05 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amp will be perfect to run them 2 subs mate as for the 2 15's in the boot it can be done without removing the rear seats but it wont sound as good as it shude due to there being not enuf air space

New Poll