corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Overheating problem!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Overheating problem!!
Neshol

User status: Offline
18th Apr 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fan has stopped working, but my temp. gauge seems to have gone tits up, as yesterday it was in the red when the engine was cold. And also, even if im driving fast in the cold, I can't get the temp. guage to go down by a lot. And ALSO, when this is happening, the interior fan usually blows cold air out, even when set to hot. And when the needle is in the red for a while, I can smell somethin dodgy (coolant perhaps). I know I should get the coolant checked out, but why has the fan stopped cutting in, and why does it struggle to blow hot air??
corsa_godfather

18th Apr 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there water in the radiator???
Neshol

18th Apr 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's been fine for the last 12 months... even if it was that why would the fan stop working too?
tainboy

18th Apr 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a busted fan sender switch would stop the radiator fan from coming on. Or possibly a blocked hose or coolant galley in the head upstream of the sender switch so that way it always senses cold water!

Check the switch first if it's not that I would flush the whole system with a pressure washer just to be sure.
Neshol

18th Apr 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I'm considering just going to Vauxhall and letting them sort it out, coz I can't drive it how it is, and I need it sorted fast.
Mistamist

18th Apr 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drain, flush, take off rad and pressure flush all the shit out, check all the pipes, take out the temperature sensor and clean (renew would be a good idea) same with fan switch on the rad. while your at it check the thermostat renew if nesessary. fill with the right ratio of water to coolant untill it flows from the temp sensor hole, put sensor back in make sure connection is good, then take the car for a spin. heaters should werm up pretty quick if everything is fine.
Neshol

18th Apr 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate

New Poll