corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with my head unit that forgets?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with my head unit that forgets?
triggz

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone help me i have a 1.2 corsa LS 8v and every head unit i put into the car i set it all up, loudness on bass/trebal clock etc and then as soon as i turn my car off for more than 10 mins it forget all the settings i have just set, it remember the settings if i turn my engine off then turn it on 5 mins but any longer than 5 mins and all is forgotten, any idears as im a n00b when it come to this kinda stuff
MikeH

3rd Apr 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds to me like you haven't got a permanent live feed connected to it.

So when the ignition goes off, instead of the live feed keeping some power to it all the power is cut.
daman2k

3rd Apr 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hav you got the yellow going to the red wire and red goin to yellow at the back?
Greg_M

3rd Apr 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to revers the wiring loom roud on the yelow and black wires, there are diferent on vauxhalls. there are two wirs that will come out, just switch them around and jobs a good un
triggz

3rd Apr 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what one goes to what does the red goto the yellow or does the yellow goto the black??

thanks for all ur help tho guys i honestly wasnt expecting a reply
Corsa E-Tec

3rd Apr 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black is for earth, so dont use that. just wire up the head unit red to the iso yellow and then the head unit yellow to the iso red.

i've just this second done mine.
when you switch the car off, the memory should still be ther when you come back!
Mistamist

3rd Apr 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I basically connected the red + yellow wires coming from the Stereo directly to the Red wire coming from the Car's wiring loom. basically allowing me to listen tto my radio withough having to turn on the ignition.
triggz

3rd Apr 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for ya help. iv got it sorted now

New Poll