corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » To raise or not to raise..........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To raise or not to raise..........
penfold82

User status: Offline
   27th Mar 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it looks like i've had to admit defeat on the springs. the car just doesnt like the 50mm springs in the back and drivers rear side is rubbin like a bitch with no sign of stopping.

huff.

Well i'm gonna keep the 50's in the front and raise the back to 40mm. Well pissed off.

I have gmax shocks all round at the minute but when i stick the 40mm springs in do yaz reckon i should stick my standard shocks back on? Theyll get knackered in no time but i'm well unimpressed by those gmax.

does anyone hav any pics of cars with 40mm lowered arses? i wanna brace myself for how she's gonna look.
Adam-D

27th Mar 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what wheels do you have??
i have g,max 60mm kit all round and it doesnt rub knock bang etc
its spot on
penfold82

28th Mar 04 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

205/40/17's. all of them fit fine except for one fucking side that wont stop rubbing. the gsi the wheels came off had no probs either. i think my chassi's twisted from a shunt a couple years back. so basically thats that fucked.

corsa120

28th Mar 04 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet its the passenger side which is rubbing yeah???????

its because the petrol hose runs the drivers side at the back so it has more clearance
TOMAS

28th Mar 04 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say you pop to an good engineers and get some nice camber plates made up to squeeze between you stub axel and beam. Introducing a touch of camber at rear will bring the top of the wheel more into the arch and give you the clearance you need. Many people have done this same thing by just using washers but I'd prefer some solid tapered plates in their myself... Ask those that have done it, its only 4 bolts per side to remove

New Poll