corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » it true the mway speed limits 80mph now?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author it true the mway speed limits 80mph now?
Ben
Banned

User status: Offline
4th Jul 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ppl set em on fire here anyways so i dont care bout cameras!

bastid pork choppers that get ya!
Rob R

4th Jul 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should follow the german idea and initialise a "drive at a speed u fink is safe at" approach along motorways and take cameras off!

In Kent there is speed cameras all over the place- but u do get peeps driving like wanks round ere in there A reg Novas *cough tossers cough*

Government only uses em to make money neway- they couldnt give a shit about motoring coz they all get chaufered about n i bet tony blair n gordon brown dnt stick to the speed limits neway!
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jul 03 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can crash at 70 if I'm using the speed inappropriately. Keeping a speed limit low is unfortunately easier than properly educating millions of drivers how to drive considerately at speed.
moddedcorsa

4th Jul 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icy
same here 80 is like my top speed

same! bloddy 1.2 8v!!
Paul_J

4th Jul 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so as I was doing 117 mph today! (ON CLOCKS INDICATED - only about 106 mph in real life!!!!) watch people whine about SXi Power - they're just jealous with their heavy 2 litres

Paul J
david dickson

4th Jul 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the Conservatives do get into power, dont expect this to actually happen. If i remember right, they have promised this sort of thing before but it never happens due to pressure from tree-hugging hippies and road safety campaigners.
Lets face it, 90% of the prats on the motorways are so unobservant they arent really safe even at 70, never mind any faster.
What I would rather see is conpulory re-testing for ALL drivers every 5 years, making motorway driving part of the driving test, traffic police doing something usefull like clamping down on middle-lane hogs and some kind of grading system for speeeding offences. If i do 38 outside a school at 4 oclock i get 3 points and £60 fine. if I do 90 on a deserted motorway at 11pm, i get 3 points and a £60 fine. Which is more dangerous?
fisherb

28th Oct 03 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who actually drives at under 90 on a motorway anyway, much slower and you'd be gettin overtaken, and we can't be havin that!!!
mav

28th Oct 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still deffo 70..

I usually cruise about 85 on motorway....
Icy

28th Oct 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow flashback!
mav

28th Oct 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never read whole of thread just the 1st few posts...
Rover Steve

28th Oct 03 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope it's raised. I cruise at around 80 on the motorway, would like to say it's legal 70 is a speed they intoduced in the 70's when motorways were popular and car's didn't have the technology they do now. Cars now-a-days have better brakes and can stop better and are more safer. but that doesn't make the drivers more safer. there are still idiots out there in BMW's that drive like they're invincible.
Steve
corsa-sxi

28th Oct 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i been on motorway once, but i travelled at 70-75, i dunno where cams are and dunno where coppers are hiding either
Kris TD

28th Oct 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should do what they do in france etc. have 85 in dry and 50 in wet etc.. much more sencible idea.
X3DOS

28th Oct 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icy
bro sed he saw it on the news

April is not until the of march, fool.
IntaCepta

29th Oct 03 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what?
drunkenfool

29th Oct 03 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats it like in germany where there are no limits? Is the accident rate higher there?
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

29th Oct 03 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No cos Germans actually have proper driving tests and exams. Most ppl in this country can't drive and need to retake their test again, its too easy to get ur licence in the uk imo.
Wolfy

29th Oct 03 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
no it is still 70mph. problem being though that raise the speed limit you raise the speed at which people travel. most prople drive betweeen 75-80mph. raise the limit to 80 and you'll get people driveing at 85-90mph

never stoppped me or ned.... think i said to much *awaits torture*
mike16v

29th Oct 03 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think cameras are needed, and the limit shouldnt really be raised, people drive fast enough anyways, i agree with the rid of speed bumps thou, there so pointless i reckon.
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
they should do what they do in france etc. have 85 in dry and 50 in wet etc.. much more sencible idea.

I was about to say this! Saying that though, the french are much easier to drive with than the fucking english. They are overall, better drivers. And dont start spouting on about the arc de triomphe, on their autoroutes, the road noise is almost earily silent, all you can hear is the engine. They pay for the autoroutes, but they use them properly, and its very rare that you find the outside lane being used. after overtaking someone, they always move back to the inside lane.

Dave
vibrio
Banned

29th Oct 03 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I can crash at 70 if I'm using the speed inappropriately. Keeping a speed limit low is unfortunately easier than properly educating millions of drivers how to drive considerately at speed.

not going to work though is it
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

not going to work though is it

Yes unfortunately there are too many spaccos on the roads. There are enough on this forum!!
corsa_will

29th Oct 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont we join together and make our on like party. VOTE CORSASPORT - no speed limits, no speed bumps, and no tops for lady drivers ( except those over 60 )
Cybermonkey

29th Oct 03 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_will
why dont we join together and make our on like party. VOTE CORSASPORT - no speed limits, no speed bumps, and no tops for lady drivers ( except those over 60 )

Democrat Ballsucker

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » it true the mway speed limits 80mph now? 23 database queries in 0.1068769 seconds