corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c engine management

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c engine management
M333KS D

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any body elses corsa c suffer from shite engine management, my light keeps coming on (the car and spanner) i have already taken my car back 8 times in 1 year including it having a new gear box after 4 month of new! and also 1 of these times was for the engine mangment light, but it has not resolved the problem, aslo my mates has done exactly the same and i was wondering if this was a common problem with corsa c's???????????????????????????????????????
R Lee

22nd Mar 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not happened with mine. im sure some people have had the same experience with you though on this forum.
glasgow_corsa_c

22nd Mar 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i had this on many an occasion for a year...

1st prob >> management light would come on then when the car stopped it wouldnt start again unless it got bump started. Car was in and out of vaux for about a year! Found out in the end it was a dodgy starter and the battery cells were all fucked.

2nd proB > driving along management light come on. Stopped car at traffic lights with the engine runing and my handbrake light came on (even thothe handbrake wasnt on) the fuel gauge went down to empty an when i pulled away the car instantly stalled and wouldnt start. Whe trying to start the car, it would start then cut straight off... got tow'd to vaux and after stripping it appart, foundout it was a fucke dup ECU. IT was loose in its mounts (apparently and wasnt making contact correctly, and alos due to it moving bout it had damaged sum parts of it. Car in for 2 days and was fixed.

glad i got shot of it now!
Red_SXi

22nd Mar 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably the mass air flow sensor. This is what went wrong on my red one, and went wrong a couple of times on my black one.
Doug_SRi

22nd Mar 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this on my first corsa C, they replaced something at the passenger side of the engine bag near the windscreen, cant remember what its called now but had no problem after. car didnt jump or anything, just the light came up a few times and went away again
Corsakid84

23rd Mar 04 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus, this happened to me on my Corsa B (air mass sensor and the Rpm sensor) and i got it all replaced and decided to sell it cus it caused to much probs. so i brought a corsa C thinking there would be an improvement. obviously not.
danregs

23rd Mar 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh my engine management light has come on a few times before and my car wouldnt start. just turned the ignition off, locked the car, unblocked it and tried startin it again and it worked every time. dunno what it is and doesnt happen v often - in fact hasnt happened for nearly 10-months or so now

dan
bubble

23rd Mar 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug_SRi
i had this on my first corsa C, they replaced something at the passenger side of the engine bag near the windscreen, cant remember what its called now but had no problem after. car didnt jump or anything, just the light came up a few times and went away again

you had the body control module replaced

New Poll