corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » refurbishing alloys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author refurbishing alloys
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came out the pub Friday night to find one of my tyres was flat. Ccouldn't see any slash marks, or puncture marks, looks like the tyre was just let down by someone...

Thing is, i cleverly managed to forget my jack and tools (left em indoors while i was cleaning out the car). So I had to drive the car (at around 3mph) round to my mates house just round the corner.

Got the spare on now but the front left rim is shot to bits. Was gonna use this as a chance to have a go at refurbing them myself.

I remember there was someone who did it on here who posted pics and they looked pretty good. Have done a quick search but can't find it..

Is it possible to make a decent enough job of the alloys with the wheels on? or would i have to take em to a garage and get them to remove them? how much would this cost?

Thanks for the advice

Dave
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Mar 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nobody?
Sinth

23rd Mar 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought u had to take alloys off for refurbing
danregs

23rd Mar 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh u gotta take the alloys off, but think he meant does he have to take the tyres off?...which would prob be a good idea. will allow you to work on the wheel better with the tyres off.

i'd like to know how to do a good job on refurbing alloys too

anybody know?........

[Edited on 23-03-2004 by danregs]
mossy

23rd Mar 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by referb u mean re paint??

i did mine in white just using spray cans from halfords, primer, paint then loads of coats of laquer, they look perfect, and still look mint after 8 months use...no peeling or nothing
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Mar 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i mean with the tyres off LOL!

Will any garage be able to do remove em? I dont want to have to pay someone really. Will be good learning for me too!!

Cheers

Dave

New Poll