corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Playing MP3's over a wireless LAN

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Playing MP3's over a wireless LAN
Melville

User status: Offline
10th Mar 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok if I had all my MP3's on my desktop upstairs would it be possible to play them on my laptop or other computers in other rooms, providing there were hooked up to the wireless lan of course. Would there be any delay in between songs as there copied across etc??

Cheers
Tim
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
10th Mar 04 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will play fine... You need to make a folder to put them in, then 'share' this over the network (right click it and click Propeties > Sharing tab)....

You can then access this the other end through Network Neighbourhood, or click Start > Run and type:

\\machine_name\share_name

New Poll