corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Throttle body

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Throttle body
MikeH

User status: Offline
8th Mar 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've taken the advice from here:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=127305

and i've tried to adjust the butterfly valve slightly... I noticed the grub screw on the right of the body which is supposed to prevent the valve from going back too far was completely unused as it was screwed out so far. I screwed it in untill the spring on the idle control valve was only slightly being pushed.

The car seems to drive great at the moment (but only time will tell)

The thing i'm wondering about is now when it starts in imediately tries to stall and you have to blip the throttle once and then it idles nicely... any idea why?
MikeH

8th Mar 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also how can you adjust the butterfly valve as mine isn't completely parallel when on full throttle... i bet i could get more bhp is i get it open fully!
MikeH

8th Mar 04 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm seems to have achieved nothing

New Poll