corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ipod -> car stereo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ipod -> car stereo
Tam the diesel man

User status: Offline
27th Feb 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got an ipod today and been loading it up with tunes, thing is i want to use this on my car stereo. at the moment i got a standard tape player but im thinking of getting a cd player. i know i could connect the ipod to my tape player with some part i got off my old discman (the sounds a bit crap), but i want to know if theres any way of connecting it to a cd player headunit
sorry if this doesn't make any sence, lol
tam
James@CCC

27th Feb 04 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u have an aux in on the headunit it could be possible this way.

but i dunno if the ipod has an aux out on it. are there spaces for a red and white cables
Cavey

27th Feb 04 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be able to get a 2 -> convertor thing from headphone socket to an Aux in anyway, not sure what it'd sound like tho
Burner

28th Feb 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u could arrange it so that the red an white are changed to the jack type. I've done it to my mp 3 player and its great. on the other hand to be able to use it on any system there are a couple of companies who produce fm transmitters fot the ipod which makes it able to use it one very sterio, just put it on the frequence and vuola!
James@CCC

28th Feb 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the above would give u poor sound quality. Best going for a headunit with an aux in when u get a new headunit
Tam the diesel man

28th Feb 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the cd players i looked at have what looks to be a headphone socket in the front. dunno if i could hook it up to that.
dip

29th Feb 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need an ipod connection kit, my work do them for £39+vat

go to http://www.cwonline.co.uk/details.tpl?cart=1078075490213695&sku=7560045&link=details&listing=subcategories&nocache=235342

Dom

29th Feb 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to make sure the HeadUnit has some sort of AUX input. Sometimes it will be a mini-jack connector, either on the back or front. In which case, get ya self a male to male mini-jack and ya sorted

However, most of the time you will need a converter box, to go from rca's to the HU special connector etc and these will set ya back about 40-100 quid etc
M2RTY

1st Mar 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use an fm modulator, ipod car kit has 1

New Poll